GUIDANCE COUNSELOR AND COLLEGE ADVISOR
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Juan Diego Catholic High School (Draper, UT)
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration applications should be submitted by 4:00pm MST, April 11, 2014. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. JDCHS is an EO/EA/AA employer, and conducts background checks on all final candidates. Applicants who have the following qualifications are encouraged to apply. Complete a Diocesan Application, and send with resume and references to: [email protected] and [email protected] or remit to Juan Diego Catholic High School, 300 E. 11800 S., Draper, UT 84020. For more information, call 801.984.7690.
• Master’s degree in Education, School Counseling, Counseling Psychology or related field
• Licensed School Counselor in the State of Utah; If licensed in another state, must be pursuing/able to pursue Utah State School Counselor Licensure
• At least three (3) years of progressive and increasing responsibility in secondary education working directly with adolescents and their families.
• Knowledge of/familiarity with college/university selection and application processes including college entrance exams testing, financial aid and scholarship resources, NCAA and NAIA eligibility, recommendation writing, student essay writing, etc.
• Evidence of strong organizational, time management, interpersonal, crisis intervention and conflict management skills
• Demonstrated experience and comfort working with a variety of computer software applications, databases, internet and student information systems
• Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience making presentations to varied audiences and creating reports and documentation
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task within a fast-paced work environment including the ability to manage uneven workflow patterns, deadlines, and changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with students, parents, and teachers one-on-one, in small groups, in a classroom or larger group environment
• Experience with PowerSchool or other student information systems
• Experience with Naviance, Common App, and/or other third-party vendors/partnerships such as SendEdu, CollegeNet, etc., working in paperless college application environments
• Experience with international student college admission and other special population admission criteria and processes
• Demonstrated involvement in regional and/or national professional organizations such as RMACAC, NACAC, USCA, ASCA, the College Board, and/or others
• Experience supporting and/or implementing a new initiative (policy, technology, procedure, etc.) including the role of helping staff through a significant change process
• Personal or professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources, and ensuring opportunities for diversity outcomes at the post-secondary level. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- college advisor catholic