This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
GRADUATE STUDIES SECRETARY PART TIME
Clerical/Administrative, PT Employee
Assumption College (Worcester, MA)
BASIC PURPOSE: Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Graduate Studies Department in support of the mission of the College.
1. Provides secretarial support for the Graduate Studies Department. Answers phones, directs calls and greets visitors in a pleasant and efficient manner.
2. Handles daily correspondence, including preparing letters, memos, reports, minutes to Graduate Council meetings and other meetings, as needed.
3. Compiles payroll memos from Program Directors to prepare faculty contracts for Graduate Studies.
4. Compiles and distributes course schedule information via the Graduate Studies website and electronically to Campus offices.
5. Acts as coordinator between the graduate office and other areas of the college in regard to scheduling, assignment of rooms and student needs/requests.
6. Manages and maintains departmental filing system insuring that records are properly maintained and accessible for use. Orders and maintain supplies. Prepares and submits check requests and purchase orders.
7. Assists Coordinator of Graduate Records and Student Services with data entry for applications in process and prospects.
8. Prepares reports for the Graduate Studies department.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
* Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
* Word processing and/or data entry skills.
* Records maintenance skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
* Database management skills.
* Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
* Interacts on a regular basis with all members of the College community, including faculty members, administration, staff, students, and Trustees.
* Supervises work-study students.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, and bending are required of this position. Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Examples of mental demands include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, multiple concurrent tasks, interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Assumption College, a Catholic liberal arts and professional studies college, was founded in 1904 by its sponsoring religious community, the Augustinians of the Assumption. Assumption College is part of the Colleges of Worcester Consortium and an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer encouraging candidates who would enrich the College’s diversity.
Apply on line only:www.assumption.edu/hr (112)