This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
Legion of Christ, Incorporated (Atlanta, GA)
Job Description: Gift Officer
An expansion of Gift Officer positions offers opportunities for individuals with residences in the Atlanta, GA area.
NATURE OF THE POSITION
Solicit gifts for the Annual Fund/Planned Giving Departments and build relationships with donors primarily through visits, phone calls and personalized email contact. Manage a comprehensive stewardship and prospect program, work in an organized fashion with major donors who wish to give on a regular basis, and solicit prospects who respond to personalized cultivation. Secure appointments and visit planned giving prospects for the purpose of encouraging planned gifts of all types. Typical time allocation is 50% phone cultivation/personalized email and up to 50% time spent visiting donors within a specified region based on geography.
Ideal Candidate: Self starter; comfortable within a regional fundraising team that is distant from the main office; excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work under pressure within a context of competing interests; and, complete respect for the Roman Catholic Church, the Legion of Christ and Regnum Christi
Education: Baccalaureate degree, preferably in Marketing or related field.
Experience: 3 to 5 years in fundraising, sales or marketing, with direct responsibilities in relationship building. Knowledge of estate planning and investments, with experience in charitable planned gifts preferred.
Technical: Strong computer skills, particularly with respect to contact management databases, Excel, Word and social media.
Hours of Work: Must be able to work flexible hours (i.e. peak calling times) as well as address time requirements associated with day and overnight travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• To solicit and secure new major gifts, repeat gifts, increase donor’s yearly giving and to raise specified funds to accomplish assigned goals.
• To secure new planned gifts (bequests & charitable gift annuities), using all types of cultivation as appropriate to that donor (phone, mail, email, and/or personal visits).
• Expand the donor base by identifying, cultivating and soliciting gifts from new leads provided by direct mail, data mining strategies and other sources.
• Create personalize/customize strategies for each donor.
• Follow a pre-defined methodology to track and upgrade donors.
• Inform, involve, and ‘bond’ your constituency to the Movement/Legion and its goals.
• Accurately update and maintain donor intentions and objectives in the database.
• Use/leverage the current donor base as a strategic resource in identifying larger prospective donors.
• Collect data to further qualify current donors.
• Execute excellent donor stewardship by recording the donor’s interest, restrictions and expectations and recording vital information in the data base (Raser’s Edge #7).
• Engage established donors within the assigned geographic territory and as otherwise directed.
• Produce personalized follow-up cultivation letters and ‘packages’ as part of the fulfillment program.
• Execute fundraising campaigns assigned throughout the year (i.e. scholarship drives, road team visits and monthly giving).
• Attend weekly/monthly staff meetings (telephonic or in-person, in-house training sessions and presentations.
• Stay informed and be well versed in the Movement’s/Legion’s efforts in order to communicate our successes, our needs and ongoing efforts.
• Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as established by your supervisor and/or the Director.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT:
DOE & Excellent benefit package.
With Corresponding Job Title in the subject line, please email resume, cover letter and earnings history to: [email protected]
Regular Lifting of 5-10 lbs., climbing stairs, and repetitive computer keyboard and mouse operation.
Low. Exposure to computer display terminals and possible cellular phone use.
Duties and responsibilities typically performed in an organized office environment. Travel required to meetings (inside and outside the region) and personal contact/visits outside of the actual office and within the region. (127)
Incoming search terms:
- légion du christ
- legion in atlanta ga
- legion of christ in atlanta ga