This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
GETHSEMANE CEMETERY SUPERINTENDENT
Management, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Seattle (Seattle, WA)
The Associated Catholic Cemeteries of the Archdiocese of Seattle has an opening for a full-time Gethsemane Cemetery Superintendent. This opening is to fill a vacant position.
The Archbishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ’s mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Archbishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them. (Directory on the Pastoral Ministry of Bishops, 198)
Each position employed in Associated Catholic Cemeteries helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
Responsible for the overall administration of Gethsemane and St. Patrick Cemeteries to ensure that the cemeteries’ operations follow the teachings of the Catholic Church and are in adherence to local industry standards. The incumbent is also responsible for the sales and marketing efforts at Gethsemane and St. Patrick Cemetery by supervising existing staff, implementing a parish based sales program using existing ACC parameters as well as other opportunities for community outreach, and for personal sales.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
1. Collaborates with the Director of Cemeteries and other Management Team members in implementing the Mission of Associated Catholic Cemeteries at Gethsemane and St. Patrick Cemeteries. This is accomplished by participating in the comprehensive planning, implementation, and evaluation of ACC’s and Gethsemane’s/St. Patrick’s programs and services.
2. Ensures the implementation of all policies and procedures necessary at Gethsemane/St. Patrick Cemeteries to meet the goals/objectives of ACC. The incumbent accomplishes this by ensuring the timely completion of all necessary paperwork, reports, and forms deemed appropriate which are integral to the management and administration of Gethsemane/St. Patrick Cemeteries.
3. Responsible for the Gethsemane/St. Patrick Family Service Program and for implementing ACC’s Parish Sales Program for the South End in adherence to established ACC parameters. The incumbent accomplishes this by supervising the Family Service staff, establishing the Parish Sales Program – South End, and for personal sales to carry out all aspects of the position to meet the goals/objectives/programs. The incumbent hires, trains and supervises sales staff. The incumbent explores and implements other opportunities for community outreach after receiving approval from the Director of Cemeteries. The incumbent also ensures that all necessary paperwork, reports, and forms integral to the management of Gethsemane/St. Patrick Cemeteries are completed.
4. Responsible for ensuring that all cemetery records and sales orders are processed completely in a timely and accurate manner while following established ACC policies and procedures. The incumbent accomplishes this by obtaining full knowledge of all office procedures and the ability to accomplish the office tasks.
5. Manages the cemetery office and grounds staff. The incumbent hires (with Director of Cemeteries approval), trains and supervises all support staff and ensures they are properly trained to carry out all aspects of their position descriptions so they meet the goals/objectives/programs of ACC and the Archdiocese.
6. Responsible for the stewardship of fiscal resources of Gethsemane/St. Patrick Cemeteries. The incumbent accomplishes this by developing and monitoring cemetery budgets, assuring a timely and reflective audit at fiscal year end, and following internal control procedures.
7. Contributes to the good public relations of ACC. Incumbent accomplishes this by projecting a positive image of ACC in all contacts with publics served, ensuring the proper conduct of all committal services and liturgies on site and assists the Director as required in promoting ACC.
8. Assists in the preparation and coordination of burial liturgies, monthly masses, other liturgical celebrations, ACC special projects as required and sacristan duties. The incumbent may be required to preside at the Rite of Committal in the absence of a priest, deacon, or other appropriate parish minister or authorized minister.
a. Willingness and ability to support the mission of the Church by extending the ministry of the Archbishop.
b. Ability and desire to use God-given gifts and talents in service of the local Church in support of the collaboration between lay and ordained Ministers.
c. Active member of a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church.
a. BA/BS degree.
a. 5 years business management, office administration, and supervision. (cemetery preferred)
b. 5 years Sales management and marketing experience. (cemetery preferred)
c. Computer word processing, data base, spreadsheets, and record management.
d. Appreciation for and experience with multi-cultural communities.
4. Other Elements:
a. Understanding of vocation and ability to develop and administer policies accordingly.
b. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including tact, courtesy and diplomacy
c. Coordinating and supervising a variety of diverse activities concurrently.
d. First Aid/CPR certification.
e. Valid Washington State driver’s license and automobile insurance.
f. Personal vehicle.
To request an application, send your resume, list of professional references and contact information for your pastor to:
Richard Peterson, Director of Cemeteries
Associated Catholic Cemeteries
5041-35th Ave. NE
Seattle, WA 98105
Email: [email protected]
Phone calls will not be accepted.
Compensation: Base salary plus override; commission on personal sales. Excellent benefits. Drug Free Work Place. (242)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic Church policy and procedures for Sacristans
- gethsemane cemetery 1 seattle