This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services (Sacramento, CA)
The General Manager is committed to meeting the goals and objectives of CFCS. They are to plan, organize, coordinate and manage the sales, administration and grounds activities of the Cemetery and Funeral Center. Additionally, they are responsible for coordinating and supporting a harmonious interaction between the Sales, Funeral and Cemetery personnel. General Managers are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner to promote a cooperative, service-oriented work environment. The General Manager reports to the Regional Director of their county.
Desired Skills & Experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, schedule, direct and supervise the personnel, grounds, sales and office functions at the funeral and cemetery location.
• Select, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned funeral and cemetery staff.
• Formulate, develop and implement short and long-range plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of funeral and cemetery operations with the Regional Director.
• Maintain inventory control of graves, crypts and niche locations and products.
• Promote good employee relations, utilizing established policies, procedures and practices.
• Prepare, reconcile, balance and review a variety of financial and statistical records and reports for submission to central administration in a timely fashion.
o Oversee cemetery and funeral gross revenues to meet or exceed monthly and yearly forecasted budget expectations.
o Provide a MTD/YTD forecast of Gross PNC, PNF, ANC, ANF revenue to Regional Directors/support staff. (Overall forecasted budget approved by Director)
o Direct each FSC to provide a monthly forecast of revenues. Review and manage FSC performance to maintain forecasted revenue expectations.
• Hold regular staff meetings to review MTD revenue production, contract activity, appointments scheduled, property shown and lead activity.
• Develop and maintain inner office activity tracking board on a daily basis (This will track revenues, contracts, appointments schedules, property shown and sold, etc. for both PNC, PNF and At-need Cemetery per FSC)
• Review and direct all contract issues. (ACH, Deposits, terms, etc.) Consult Regional Director on appropriate concerns needing support.
• Review customer contracts and purchase orders for acceptance and processing.
• Oversee cemetery-site record retention and archiving.
• Communicate with administrators and other Diocesan personnel to coordinate activities, resolve issues and exchange information.
• Provide written and oral responses as required to inquiries or complaints regarding operational or administrative matters in such a manner as to protect the Church’s integrity and good public image.
• Assure compliance with legal and safety requirements, department policies and Church directives related to cemetery/funeral operations.
• Attend and conduct weekly or bi-weekly staff meetings and counsel staff on an individual basis as needed.
• Advise and assist families making pre-need and at-need funeral and/or cemetery arrangements.
• Interface with clergy, parish staff and regional support personnel on a regular basis.
• Work closely with clergy and parish, cemetery and mortuary staffs in scheduling, conducting and supporting all service activity and special events. (558)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic funeral and cemetery services
- cemetery general manager openings
- catholic cemetery director openings
- CATHOLIC CEMETERY MANAGER OPENINGS
- Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Service
- catholic funeral and cemetery services sacramento
- catholic funeral home general manager openings
- general managers for catholic cemeteries