FUNDRAISING SENIOR GIFT OFFICER
Fundraising, FT Employee
Mater Ecclesiae College (Greenville, RI)
FUNDRAISING SENIOR GIFT OFFICER
The Mater Ecclesiae College Office (MEC) of Institutional Advancement is seeking a Senior Gift Officer for ongoing fundraising and growth of the development resources of the college. The Office of Institutional Advancement offers fundraising services to sustain the college and the formation of women discerning their vocation in the consecrated life.
Position Summary: Solicit gifts for Annual Fund/Planned Giving and build relationships with donors primarily through visits, phone calls and personalized email contact. Manage a comprehensive stewardship and prospect program, work in an organized fashion with major donors who wish to give on a regular basis, and solicit prospects who respond to personalized cultivation. Secure appointments and visit planned giving prospects for the purpose of encouraging planned gifts of all types. Typical time allocation is 50% phone cultivation/personalized email and 50% time spent visiting donors within a specified region based on geography.
• Solicit and secure new major gifts, repeat gifts, increase donor’s yearly giving and to raise specified funds to accomplish assigned goals.
• Secure new planned gifts (bequests and charitable gift annuities) using means appropriate to each donor’s preferences, values and circumstances.
• Create and implement benefactor-based fundraising strategies and approaches.
• Expand the donor base; create appropriate personal/custom strategies for each donor.
• Execute excellent donor stewardship by recording the donor’s interest, restrictions and expectations and recording vital information in the database (Raiser’s Edge #7).
• Engage established donors within the assigned geographic territory and as otherwise directed.
• Produce personalized follow-up cultivation letters and ‘packages.’
• Execute fundraising campaigns assigned throughout the year (e.g. scholarship drives, road team visits and monthly giving).
• Attend weekly/monthly staff meetings (telephonic or in-person), in-house training sessions and presentations.
• Stay informed and be well versed in the organization’s efforts and activities in order to communicate our successes, our needs and ongoing efforts.
• Proactive, empirically pragmatic and collaborative approaches to solving problems and achieving goals
• Adept and caring interpersonal behaviors
• Instinctive drive to implement effective systems for the development office of MEC
• Purposeful, friendly and uses a naturally flexible, considerate and logical approach to working with others.
• A careful listener who is well informed about topics prior to discussing them.
• Communicates in a consistently friendly manner with purpose and a strong sense of good-timing.
• Diplomatic and precise so as to prevent mistakes and misunderstandings.
• Patient and skilled dealing with changing situations involving people and details.
• Flexible but always collaborative approach to solving problems and making decisions amid evolving circumstances.
• Operates in a steady and persistent manner
• Follows procedures within the context of stated goals.
• Flexibility and emotional maturity in the form of staying positive amid challenges
• BA/BS; 5 + years fundraising, sales or marketing experience
• Must possess excellent communication skills
• Working flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Sense of urgency and organized, timely follow through
• Computer, MSOffice and telephone proficiency
• A practicing Roman Catholic is a bona fide occupational requirement
• Familiarity with Regnum Christi and the Legionaries of Christ preferred
Compensation: DOE. Healthcare and paid time-off benefit package. Great community of people working towards the Catholic Church’s “New Evangelization” mission!
With “MEC Senior Gift Officer” in subject line, please email resume with your complete work history, a cover letter describing your interest in the position, and earnings history by January 8, 2014 to: [email protected] (39)