This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
Radio Maria (Nyc, NY)
NATIONAL FUNDRAISING OFFICER
World Family Radio Maria in New York is seeking a National Fundraising Officer for ongoing fundraising and growth of the development resources for Radio Maria USA – English, Italian and Spanish.
POSITION SUMMARY: Solicit gifts for Annual Fund/Planned Giving and build relationships with donors primarily through visits, phone calls and personalized email contact. Manage a comprehensive stewardship and prospect program, work in an organized fashion with major donors who wish to give on a regular basis, and solicit prospects who respond to personalized cultivation. Secure appointments and visit planned giving prospects for the purpose of encouraging planned gifts of all types.
• Solicit and secure new major gifts, repeat gifts, increase donor’s yearly giving and to raise specified funds to accomplish assigned goals.
• Secure new planned gifts (bequests and charitable gift annuities) using means appropriate to each donor’s preferences, values and circumstances.
• Create and implement benefactor-based fundraising strategies and approaches.
• Expand the donor base; create appropriate personal/custom strategies for each donor.
• Execute excellent donor stewardship by recording the donor’s interest, restrictions and expectations and recording vital information in the database • Engage established donors within the assigned geographic territory and as otherwise directed.
• Produce personalized follow-up cultivation letters and ‘packages.’
• Execute fundraising campaigns assigned throughout the year
• Attend weekly/monthly staff meetings (telephonic or in-person), in-house training sessions and presentations.
• Stay informed and be well versed in the organization’s efforts and activities in order to communicate our successes, our needs and ongoing efforts.
• Proactive, empirically pragmatic and collaborative approaches to solving problems and achieving goals
• Adept, professional and caring interpersonal behavior
• Instinctive drive to implement effective fundraising methods
• Purposeful, friendly and uses a naturally flexible, considerate and logical approach to working with others.
• A careful listener who is well informed about topics prior to discussing them.
• Communicates in a consistently friendly manner with purpose and a strong sense of good-timing.
• Diplomatic and precise so as to prevent mistakes and misunderstandings.
• Patient and skilled dealing with changing situations involving people and details.
• Operates in a steady and persistent manner
• Follows procedures within the context of stated goals.
• Flexibility and emotional maturity in the form of staying positive amid challenges
• BA/BS; 5 + years fundraising, sales or marketing experience
• Must possess excellent communication skills
• Working flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Sense of urgency and organized, timely follow through
• Computer, MSOffice and telephone proficiency
• A practicing Roman Catholic is a bona fide occupational requirement
With “WF RM National Fundraiser Officer” in subject line, please email resume with your complete work history, a cover letter describing your interest in the position, and earnings history by January 6, 2014 to: [email protected]
About the Employer
Radio Maria is a tool of evangelization which serves the Catholic Church in the Unites States, as a radio network committed to calling for conversion through programming which offers prayer, catechism and human development.
Que es Radio Maria?
Radio Maria es una emisora internacional que se extiende en 40 paises del mundo. Su proposito es eldecolaborar en el anuncio de la Buena Nueva de Jesucristo, fiel al magisterio de la Iglesia catolica. Su constitucion a nivel de asamblea y junta directiva es de caracter laical, con la representacion de un sacerdotenombrado por el obispo del lugar y debidamente autorizado por la Asociacion World Family of Radio Maria.
L’avventura di Radio Maria e iniziata nel Gennaio 1987, quando si e costituita l’Associazione Radio Maria, la qualerilevava l’omonima radio di dimensione parrocchiale. Era allora il tempo in cui in Italia le parrocchie, le diocesi e i gruppi religiosi facevano a gara occupare l’etere libero dalle frequenze. Quel fervore di iniziative ha ottenuto risultati positivi, tanto che ora sono oltre trecento le radio di proprieta ecclesiale in Italia, unite fra loro dal progetto culturale della Conferenza episcopale. (122)
Incoming search terms:
- www radiomaria com