This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
FULL TIME TEACHER – PART ENGLISH AND PART FRENCH
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
La Salle High School (Pasadena, CA)
Full Time Teacher
Part English / Part French
La Salle High School is seeking a talented educator to teach in both the English and World Languages Departments. The English Department collaborates to provide a curriculum that is rich is developing proper writing skills and critical reading while the World Languages Department seeks to imbue it students with both a spoken and written understanding of a foreign language.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Model the characteristics of a Catholic, Lasallian educator;
• Actively support La Salle’s Mission, Philosophy and ESLRs;
• Design and/or implement courses and units that effectively promote department outcomes and adhere to the scope and sequence as determined by the department;
• Plan what students will learn, how they will learn and how they will be assessed within a framework that features common assignments and assessments appropriate to the grade level within the academic discipline;
• Engage students in an active, effective learning environment;
• Collaborate with peers to develop, review and improve curriculum;
• Provide regular and varied assessments of student learning to compile appropriate grades and properly determine what and how all students are learning;
• Communicate consistently with students, parents and school personnel;
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth, including sharing best practices in pedagogy and educational technology;
• Work with appropriate administrators, the Learning Specialist, and/or counselors to support students that may have special learning needs;
• Keep current and complete grading and attendance records;
• Prefect and supervise students outside of the classroom;
• Actively support the co-curricular programs of the school.
• Undergraduate degree in English and/or French with a corresponding minor.
• Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning;
• Teaching credential or work toward it.
• Experience working with high school students;
• Experience as a classroom teacher;
• Facility with web-based learning and/or digital resources;
• Master’s Degree in English and/or French;
• Experience in a Catholic high school setting.
La Salle High School will offer a competitive salary and benefits. Position begins August 2014.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Elizabeth Serhan, Assistant to the Principal, at [email protected] (82)