This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
FRONT DESK ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
This position will serve onsite visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them to the appropriate personnel or location in a professional and timely manner. This includes determining the nature of business and notifying departmental personnel of visitor’s arrival. He or she will be the first point of contact and will be required to exercise independent judgment in communicating via telephone and in-person as the representative of Catholic Charities. The Front Desk Administrative Assistant will manage volunteers and support senior management staff with projects, scheduling, reminders and other activities as needed. The ability to interact with the public and staff at all levels, sometimes under pressure, while being proactive, resourceful and efficient with a level of professionalism is critical to this role.
• Receives incoming calls and greets guests; answers inquiries and performs a variety of administrative duties as assigned.
• Coordinates and implements special projects.
• Manages maintenance and tracks issues with office equipment repair through resolution.
• Serves as point of contact for agency needs.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the copy room and lobby area.
• Supervises volunteers.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Willingness to uphold Catholic Moral & Social Teaching in the workplace.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Associate’s degree required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant preferred.
• Some financial experience working with invoicing, vouchers, etc. preferred.
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines and prioritize tasks a must.
• Demonstrated cultural competence and cultural responsiveness.
• 2 years supervising other administrative staff and/or volunteers a plus.
• Ability to act competently in a crisis while maintaining a calm and professional manner.
• Ability to be cooperative with other employees to ensure a smooth running, effective office operation.
• Organized and flexible with a high degree of integrity, reliability, initiative and adaptability.
• Experience utilizing various Microsoft Office software products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
• Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] No phone calls, please. (76)