This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Education: Elementary, PT Employee
Saint Frances Cabrini Catholic School (West Bend, WI)
Job Summary: French Teacher
The Catholic school teacher respects Catholic values and aids students in Christian formation by exemplifying Catholic living, both in and out of the classroom. Because Catholic schools educate their students to promote the kingdom of God, it is important that all teachers are role models for students, exemplifying Catholic teachings and values in their lives and in their actions.
The teacher is accountable to the principal to provide education to the grades and/or subjects assigned, to implement the St. Frances Cabrini School philosophy, to follow the policies of the St. Frances Cabrini Parish/School and the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, and adheres to the directives set by St. Frances Cabrini School administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cultivates a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
• Maintains classroom management
• Organizes and prepares resources for students
• Incorporates technology to effectively create a 21st century learning environments within the classroom
• Teaches assigned subjects
• Leads daily prayer and participates in school liturgies
• Assists students as needed
• Supervises areas as assigned
• Escorts students to specialty classes and other areas as assigned
• Communicates professionally and in a timely manner with parents
• Plans all-school liturgies as requested
• Plans instruction carefully and implements effectively
• Evaluates and grades students’ work
• Cooperates with the principal and staff in the planning and development of curriculum
• Performs duties as requested by the principal.
Record Keeping Duties
• Maintains grades and prepares grade reports
• Records daily attendance of students
• Completes all required forms and reports
Meetings and Organizations
• Attends all faculty and in-service meetings, Teachers’ Convention and other meetings as needed
• Actively engages in professional development
• Participates and meets the requirements of Sustaining the Mission and maintains the appropriate level of certification.
• Practicing Catholic
• Current teaching certification issued by the State of Wisconsin
• Bachelors degree in education
• Adhere to Code of Ethical Conduct
• Completion of background checks and Safe Environment training prior to employment
• Previous elementary teaching experience preferred.
Teacher signature and date Principal signature and date (72)