This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
FOOD PANTRY ADMINISTRATOR
Social Work, PT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Front Royal, VA)
Position Description: Primary responsibility is to oversee the Loaves & Fishes food pantry operations. Receive, sort and store incoming food bank purchases and donated food. Ensure that food handling health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the food pantry. Recruit, schedule and coordinate volunteers.
• Supervise and train pantry volunteers.
• Order food from the Blue Ridge Food Bank and review invoices to ensure that CCDA is billed correctly and payments are made in a timely manner.
• Maintain stock control and management, including rotation of foods near expiration.
• Practice site risk management, troubleshooting and resolving safety, service and other operational problems in collaboration with CCDA administration and our Loving Arms partner.
• Oversee the maintenance and operation of machinery and equipment.
• Maintain the physical condition of the food pantry by organizing cleanings, planning physical layouts of stock, and arranging for any needed repairs with our Loving Arms partner.
• Responsible to maintain food pantry in full compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local regulatory safety, and health requirements.
• Flexible schedule with some evening and/or weekend hours are required as needed.
• Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching.
• Establish excellent relationships with all churches, Catholic parishes, community and volunteer groups.
• Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license.
• Must have familiarity with inventory control procedures and experience handling perishable products.
• Industry background to include food pantry service.
• Complete food safety/sanitation training within 120 days.
• Knowledge of food safety management and inventory control.
• Organization/time management/planning skills to include effective multi-tasking.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree/some college with equivalent work experience;.Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years of progressive food management experience. Preferred candidate will have supervised or administered food pantry functions.
• Social services experience with underserved populations is a plus.
• Key experience in the following categories is an asset: customer service leadership, foodservice or route sales operations.
• Labor experience including loading and unloading trucks, securing loads, and lifting heavy items.
• Experience operating a pallet jack is a plus.
Please send cover letter with resume to [email protected] No phone calls please. EOE. (156)
Incoming search terms:
- food bank catholic church arl texas
- food bank catholic church arl tx
- snack bank pantries arlington texas