This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
FINANCIAL PRACTICES AND CONTROLS ANALYST
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
SUMMARY: The Financial Practices and Controls Analyst is responsible for conducting financial and operational reviews of Archdiocesan entities, including parishes, schools and cemeteries. Responsibilities include developing recommendations to improve key financial processes, strengthen internal control systems and promote best practices. The Analyst will be responsible for reviewing entity financial information and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the related system of internal controls. The Analyst will ensure compliance with Archdiocesan policies and procedures including Canonical standards. In addition, the Analyst will evaluate the effective and prudent management of assets and appropriate implementation accounting principles with respect to financial processes and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct financial, operational, internal control and compliance on-site reviews of Archdiocesan entities.
• Develop work plan based on understanding of parish operations and planning meetings.
• Meet and develop professional working relationship with Parish financial personnel and Parish Pastors. Present observations and recommendations to Pastor and Finance and Operations Manager at the conclusion of field work.
• Develop recommendations for improvement based on Archdiocesan accounting policies and procedures, and knowledge of individual Parish operations.
• Prepare written high-level Executive Summary report to communicate recommendations to Pastor and Finance Council.
• Prepare report to guide finance personnel in implementation of recommendations including risk assessments and time frame.
• Communicate observations and overall assessment to Archdiocesan personnel. Work with finance team to develop meaningful and practical recommendations for improvement.
• Conduct training sessions regarding audit related topics for the benefit of Archdiocesan personnel.
• Assist in the development of audit tools including automated report tracking systems, budgets, work papers, programs, and audit guide.
• Assist in update and development of Archdiocesan policies and procedures, as needed.
• Assist in determining the proper treatment of various financial processes and transactions including research and evaluation of accounting standards and pronouncements.
• Support the external auditors’ preparation of the annual Archdiocesan consolidated audited financial statements, which serve to enhance transparency and effectively communicate annual results.
• Respond to accounting related questions posed by Archdiocesan personnel.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
• CPA, CIA or CFE preferred.
• Three to five years audit experience.
• Ability to apply advanced audit concepts and techniques in analyzing fiscal, operational and computer based systems.
• Ability to formulate, recommend and implement administrative policies and procedures to improve internal control systems.
• Ability and flexibility to manage multiple priorities and off-site audits.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive, clear and concise reports.
• Ability to maintain objectivity and impartiality.
• High level of proficiency with financial software and Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Team player.
• Ability to travel throughout the Archdiocese as necessary to conduct audits (approximately 80%).
• Strong service orientation.
• Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church.
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] (98)