This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst is responsible for performing the financial analysis for RCAB entities with a strong Accounts Receivable emphasis. This role will require the ability to work in a team environment with Managers and Senior/Staff accountants and other associates responsible for the daily accounting management of those entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate and update system custom reports for over 30 entities.
• Update the system dashboard for management.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations and analyses of accounts, supporting work papers and monthly financial and management reports.
• Assist in monthly and annual closings.
• Participate as a member of a transition team working with a third party vendor to bring A/R cash application in house.
• Analyze and upload the monthly A/R invoices, apply receipts to customer accounts and generate monthly statements working with a third party vendor.
• Provide accountants with monthly A/R aging reports and assist in necessary research.
• Assist in the design and implementation of an A/R collection process.
• Submit general billing items to a third party vendor and analyze invoices to ensure accuracy.
• Assist with Treasury, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll work load.
• Assist management with streamlining of processes and procedures and related documentation.
• Interact in positive and professional manner with staff and visitors at the Pastoral Center.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelors in Business Administration and/or Accounting.
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience.
• Knowledge and proficiency in finance/accounting principles (GAAP).
• Ability to work in a team environment with other accountants and staff responsible for the daily accounting and clerical/recordkeeping requirements of the department.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills including the extensive use of Pivot Tables.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Crystal Reporting
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church.
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] (60)