This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
The Parishes of the Middleboro-Lakeville Collaborative (Middleboro-Lakeville-Rochester, MA)
Summary: The Parish Finance and Operations Manager is a professionally qualified team member who reports directly to the pastor and serves in a key management position. As a full-time, paid management level employee, this person assists the Pastor in fulfilling his responsibility for the administration of the parishes of the collaborative, and implementing the Pastoral Plan. In addition to supporting the New Evangelization, this position is responsible for ensuring proper stewardship of the parishes’ financial, facility, human, and information resources.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Understand and support of the mission of the Church.
• Have a leadership role in implementing the New Evangelization as the central aspect of every Parish of the Collaborative, as outlined in the local Pastoral Plan.
• Must be willing to prioritize other needs in order to support New Evangelization efforts.
• Provide the leadership and execution needed for a solid financial foundation required for the work of the New Evangelization.
• In consultation with the Pastor, Finance Council, and Pastoral Plan, develop, implement and administer parish priorities consistent with Catholic Social Teaching.
• In consultation with the Pastor and Finance Council, develop, implement and administer local financial policies and procedures in accordance with the Parish Administration Manual and statutes of the Archdiocese. These policies would include rotation of collection and accounting personnel, bill paying schedules, and payroll and banking schedules.
• Consistent with Parish Reporting requirements, prepare budget, annual report, interim reports, general ledgers, allocation summaries and other monthly reports for the Pastor and Finance Council.
• Monitor the operating budget of the Parish, and any School and/or Cemetery, and report regularly to the Pastor and the Finance Council regarding potential problem areas.
• Handle bank relations including management of accounts, allocation transactions between parishes of the collaborative and problem solving.
• Prepare checks for the Pastor’s signature, attaching appropriate documentation.
• Manage bookkeeping functions, including, but not limited to, payables and receivables and all other revenues and expenses related to the parish and any school and/or cemetery.
• Assist the Pastor in the administration of offertory enhancement programs, fundraising for special parish projects, Planned Giving, Stewardship and the Annual Catholic Appeal.
• Act as a liaison between the Pastor and Boston Catholic Development Services in maintaining the Archdiocesan parishioner database.
• Direct purchasing procedures within the dollar limits set by the Pastor.
• Oversee the management of parish operational and financial records and prepare parish for audits.
• Administer payment of salaries and benefits.
• Prepare and file required federal and state employee tax forms.
• Ensure that all federal, state and local taxes are paid in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Based on the size of the collaborative, may have responsibility for, or directly supervise one or more Facilities Manager and/or Custodian at one or several sites with responsibility for the following functions:
• Parish security.
• Scheduling meeting space, and coordinating the use of buildings for sacramental functions (weddings, funerals, delivery of flowers etc).
• Daily rental and use of parish facilities.
• Act as liaison with local government agencies.
• Custodial maintenance functions.
• Oversee minor repairs, and renovations to ensure compliance with Archdiocesan policies.
• Coordinate with the Property Management Department regarding any lease or license arrangements.
• Oversees financial aspects of small projects in coordination with the Facilities Manager (as applicable), to ensure projects remain within scope and on budget according to the Parish Administration Manual.
• Act as a liaison between the Pastor, the Archdiocesan Property Management Department and the Risk Management Department.
• Work with Property Management on oversight of any project exceeding $200,000 in accordance with the Parish Administration Manual.
• Act as a resource for the building committee, if applicable.
• Maintains Cemetery financial records and bank account; providing periodic reports to the Finance Council
• Maintains accurate cemetery records
• Manages all activities related to the sale of graves
Human Resources Management
• Support the need for Evangelizing parishes by selecting and supporting a Team that aligns with the goals of the Pastoral Plan.
• Implement Archdiocesan human resource policies, including benefit policies, for administrative and support staff, as well as volunteers. Coordinate implementation of required training programs.
• Direct the management of the parish office, as appropriate:
• Specific human resource supervisory responsibilities should be clearly defined between the Pastor and the Finance and Operations Manager.
• Recommendations for items such as salary and benefits should be developed for approval by the Pastor after appropriate consultation with Archdiocesan guidelines and the Parish Finance Council.
• Disciplinary actions and/or terminations should be carried out in consultation with the Pastor and the Archdiocesan Human Resources Office.
• Evaluate support staff for whom the Finance and Operations Manager is responsible through annual performance reviews.
• Ensure that the annual performance reviews of all other staff are completed.
• Support the use and integration of Social Media.
• Direct/oversee preparation and maintenance of Website, Sunday Bulletin and other print media.
• Oversee the maintenance of the parish census.
• Oversee computer management and applications.
• Attend meetings relative to the role, as necessary.
• Participate in ongoing professional development.
• Bachelors’ degree in business/accounting required with at least 10+ years demonstrated related experience.
• 3-5 yrs supervisory/management experience required.
• Experience handling confidential, sensitive, timely and critical matters using good judgment, tact, respect and discretion required.
• Demonstrated experience in finance and accounting; QuickBooks experience preferred.
• Knowledgeable about safety and security issues.
• Knowledgeable of human resource issues including policies, procedures, selection, benefits, federal and state laws.
• Experience administering payroll.
• Knowledgeable of parish policies and guidelines in relationship to Archdiocesan policies and guidelines preferred or a willingness to learn them, and the ability to implement them in a Collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated experience in appropriate computer technology and skills; must be proficient with Microsoft office suite software.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• A strong service orientation is critical.
• Understanding and support of the mission of the Church.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter along with salary requirements to: [email protected] (108)
Incoming search terms:
- the parishes of the middleboro-lakeville collaborative
- catholic collaborative finance and operations manager
- middleboro lakeville rochester collaborative catholic
- middleboro massachusetts
- parish finance & operations manager
- summary of qualifications examples facilities manager