This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Boston, MA)
JOB PURPOSE: The Parish Finance and Operations Manager is a professionally qualified team member who reports directly to the pastor and serves in a key management position. This person assists the Pastor in fulfilling his responsibility for the administration of the parish. In addition to supporting the New Evangelization, this position is responsible for ensuring proper stewardship of the parish’s financial, facility, human, and information resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understand and support of the mission of the Catholic Church.
• Provide leadership for a solid financial foundation that supports the work of the New Evangelization.
• Have a leadership role in implementing the New Evangelization as the central aspect of the parish.
• Prioritize Parish needs to support New Evangelization efforts.
• In consultation with the Pastor and the Finance Council, develop, implement and administer local financial policies and procedures in accordance with statutes of the Archdiocese and the Parish Administration Manual. These policies include rotation of collection and accounting personnel, bill paying schedules, payroll and banking schedules.
• Consistent with Parish and Financial Reporting requirements, prepare budget, annual report, interim reports, general ledgers, allocation summaries and other management reports, offering financial strategies and recommendations to the Pastor and Finance Council.
• Oversee the management of the parish operational and financial records and prepare for audits.
• Assist in the development of the parish operating budget. Monitor the operating budget of the parish and report regularly to the Pastor and the Finance Council regarding potential problem areas.
• Handle bank relations including management of accounts.
• Assist the Pastor in the administration of offertory enhancement programs, fundraising for special parish projects, Planned Giving, Stewardship and the Annual Catholic Appeal.
• Act as a liaison between the Pastor and Boston Catholic Development Services in maintaining the Archdiocesan parishioner database.
• Direct purchasing procedures within the dollar limits set by the Pastor.
• Ensure that all federal, state and local taxes are paid in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Manage the following responsibilities either directly or through support staff:
o Prepare checks for the Pastor’s signature, attaching appropriate documentation.
o Administer payroll and benefits.
o Prepare and file required federal and state employee tax forms
o Bookkeeping function including, but not limited to; payables and receivables and all other revenues and expenses related to the parish.
• Based on the size of the parish, may have responsibility for, or directly supervise one or more Facilities Manager and/or Custodian at one or several sites with responsibility for the following functions:
o Parish security.
o Scheduling meeting space, and coordinating the use of buildings for sacramental functions (weddings, funerals, delivery of flowers etc).
o Daily rental and use of parish and its facilities.
o Act as liaison with local government agencies.
o Custodial maintenance functions.
o Oversee minor repairs, and renovations to ensure compliance with Archdiocesan policies.
o Coordinate with the Property Management Department regarding any lease or license arrangements.
• Oversees financial aspects of small projects in coordination with the Facilities Manager (as applicable), to ensure projects remain within scope and on budget according to the Parish Administration Manual.
o Act as a liaison between the Pastor, the Archdiocesan Property Management Department and the Risk Management Department.
o Work with Property Management on oversight of any project exceeding $200,000 in accordance with the Parish Administration Manual.
o Act as a resource for the building committee, if applicable.
• Support the need for Evangelization by assisting the Pastor in selecting and supporting a team.
• Manage parish office staff and, when applicable, facility maintenance staff.
• Implement Archdiocesan human resource policies, including benefit policies, for staff and volunteers.
• Coordinate implementation of required training programs.
• Serve as the local point of contact for questions in areas such as compliance, disciplinary actions and staff performance and development. When appropriate consult with Archdiocesan Human Resources Office.
• Support the use and integration of Social Media.
• Direct/oversee preparation and maintenance of Website, Sunday Bulletin and other print media.
• Oversee the maintenance of the parish census.
• Oversee computer management and applications.
• Attend meetings relative to the role, as necessary.
• Participate in ongoing professional development.
• Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS in business, accounting or related field with 7+ years related experience or equivalent preferred.
• 3-5 yrs supervisory/management experience required.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• Must have completed, or be in the process of completing, the Finance & Operations Certificate Program.
• Experience handling confidential, sensitive, timely and critical matters using good judgment, tact, respect and discretion required.
• Demonstrated experience in finance and accounting; QuickBooks experience preferred.
• Knowledgeable about safety and security issues.
• Knowledgeable of human resource issues including policies, procedures, selection, benefits, federal and state laws.
• Experience administering payroll.
• Knowledgeable of parish policies and guidelines in relationship to Archdiocesan policies and guidelines preferred or a willingness to learn them and the ability to implement them.
• Demonstrated experience in appropriate computer technology skills; must be proficient with Microsoft office suite software.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• A strong service orientation is critical.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (114)
Incoming search terms:
- St Pius X Catholic Church milton ma bulletin