This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
FINANCE AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
St. Lucy and St. Monica Parishes (Methuen, MA)
ROLE: The Finance and Communications Manager will assist the Pastor of St. Lucy and St. Monica Parishes in fulfilling his responsibility of implementing the Archdiocesan Pastoral Plan, “Disciples in Mission,” and of administering the Parishes of the Methuen Collaborative. Areas in which the Finance and Communications Manager will assist the Pastor include Financial Management, Communications and promoting the New Evangelization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understand and support of the mission of the Catholic Church.
• Have a familiarity with the Archdiocesan Pastoral Plan, “Disciples in Mission,” and the New Evangelization.
• Provide leadership for a solid financial foundation that supports the implementation and work of the New Evangelization as the central aspect of every Parish and School of the Collaborative, as outlined in the local Pastoral Plan.
• Prioritize Parish and School needs to support New Evangelization efforts.
• In consultation with the Pastor and Finance Council of each Parish, develop, implement and administer local financial policies and procedures in accordance with statutes of the Archdiocese and the Parish and School Administration Manual.
• Maintain all appropriate property and liability insurance coverages per Archdiocesan policies. Work will include filing any claims and effort to reduce premiums.
• Prepare annual budgets, annual report, interim reports, general ledgers, allocation summaries and other management reports, offering financial strategies and recommendations to the Pastor and Finance Council, as well as the Principal and School Advisory Boards, as applicable.
• Oversee the management of Parish and School operational and financial records and preparation for audits.
• Monitor the operating budget of the Parish and School, and report regularly to the Pastor and the Finance Council regarding potential problem areas.
• Handle bank relations including management of accounts, allocation transactions between parishes and schools in the collaborative and the counting/deposit of the offertory and special collections.
• Assist the Pastor in the administration of offertory enhancement programs, fundraising for special Parish projects, Planned Giving, Stewardship and the Annual Catholic Appeal.
• Act as a liaison between the Pastor and Boston Catholic Development Services in maintaining the Archdiocesan parishioner database.
• Direct purchasing procedures within the dollar limits set by the Pastor.
• Ensure that all federal, state and local taxes are paid in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Manage finance and communication staff as appropriate.
• Fulfill the following responsibilities:
o Prepare checks for the Pastor’s signature, attaching appropriate documentation.
o Administer payroll and benefits.
o Prepare and file required federal and state employee tax forms.
o Bookkeeping function including, but not limited to; payables and receivables and all other revenues and expenses related to the Collaborative.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Under the guidance of the pastor, explore and develop innovative ways in which the New Evangelization can be advanced in the Collaborative through better use of the parish website, social media, the parish bulletins and other electronic and print media.
o Oversee weekly bulletin and accuracy of content.
o Oversee the maintenance of parish census information and parish website.
• Ensure minutes of Finance Council meetings are taken and properly stored according to requirements set forth in Parish Administration Manual.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Oversee computer management and applications.
• Attend meetings relative to the role, as necessary.
• Regular evaluation of purchasing expenditures to ensure efficient spending.
• BA/BS in business, accounting or related field with 7+ years related experience or equivalent preferred.
• 3-5 yrs. supervisory/management experience required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Must be a Catholic in good standing.
• May be asked to complete the Archdiocese Finance & Operations Certificate Program.
• Experience handling confidential, sensitive, timely and critical matters using good judgment, tact, respect and discretion required.
• Demonstrated experience in finance and accounting; Extensive QuickBooks experience required.
• Knowledgeable about safety and security issues.
• Experience administering payroll.
• Knowledgeable of parish policies and guidelines in relationship to Archdiocesan policies and guidelines preferred or a willingness to learn them and the ability to implement them in a Collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated experience in appropriate computer technology skills; must be proficient with Microsoft office suite software.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• A strong service orientation is critical.
ONGOING FORMATION AND EDUCATION:
Called to serve the mission of the Church through the responsible administration of the Church’s resources, the Finance and Communications Manager is expected to participate in workshops, mini courses, and in-service opportunities that provide ongoing development. Attendance at Staff Retreat Days and other opportunities that promote the faith life of the Staff is also expected.
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during performance of the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] (113)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic church methuen ma