This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Maintenance/Trades, FT Employee
Rocklyn Asset Corp (Brooklyn, NY)
Provide support with the applied knowledge and skills for the regular, recurring and non-routine task for maintenance of the plumbing, general carpentry, HVAC, and electrical work within a Diocesan Facility.
• Coordinate with other maintenance workers in the repair and service of building.
• Use power equipment and hand tools necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Remove, repair and replace lights and ballasts as needed.
• Perform general carpentry work and minor electrical repairs as needed.
• Perform general plumbing maintenance.
• Assist in maintenance of outside grounds, including but not limited to, sweeping, plowing, snow removal, leaf blowing, etc.
• Assist in maintaining entire facility and all connected operations.
• Notify appropriate personnel of structural items or contents needing maintenance or repairs by outside contractors.
• Handle and accept deliveries inside and outside the building as necessary.
• Open set up, close and clean for special events.
• Provide assistance to Diocesan and affiliated organizations using the facility.
• Assemble equipment including desks, chairs, cabinet etc.
• Assist in maintaining building security by checking for unlocked doors and unauthorized occupants.
• Respond to inquiries and provide information within scope of authority and knowledge.
• Ability to respond to off hour emergencies (water damage, fire damage, break-in, etc.) in the evenings and weekends at the facility in need.
• Perform other work as required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
• Strong working knowledge of assigned maintenance equipment and repair methods, materials tools and general practices.
• General knowledge of electricity, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry.
• Ability to perform outlined tasks with minimum supervision.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor including frequent bending, walking and heavy lifting. (133)