EXTENDED DAY ASSISTANT TEACHER
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
Corpus Christi School (Falls Church, VA)
Corpus Christi Early Childhood Center is a Catholic Preschool in Falls Church, Va. We are looking for extended day assistant teachers. It is a Full Time position from 12 pm – 6 pm.
• 2 years experience
• Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
• A commitment to working with children in a developmental setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on their lives.
• Able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Attend yearly in service requirements.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Google and other basic technologies.
• Lead and participate in activities that may include running, throwing, and kicking.
• Lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Supervise and insure the safety and well-being of the children while providing a fun and
nurturing environment. To always be alert to the needs and/or problems of the children
as individuals and as a group.
• Assist in supervising children and participate with children in activities.
• Maintain program site and equipment.
• Provide guidance for children’s behavior.
• Become familiar with emergency procedures and protocol.
• Serve nutritious snacks and lunches provided by the school.
• Clean and sterilize equipment and toys daily.
• Ensure cupboards are locked and cleaning supplies out of reach.
• Supervise children at all times.
• Report any signs of neglect or abuse to the Teacher and Director.
• Comfort children in times of need and celebrate successes.
• Encourage children with expressions and support within the policies of the Arlington Diocese and Virtus Training.
• Participate in fundraising for the school.
• Works well with others and can become a member of our team.
• Become a part of the community. (0)