This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES EVENT
Hospitality, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
This is a full-time, temporary position. We expect that the position will be necessary through end of 2015. The Executive Director is responsible for planning and overseeing the World Meeting of Families event to take place in Philadelphia over a five-day period in September 2015.
The major job duties include:
• Oversees, manages and directs the World Meeting of Families event. Duties include but are not limited to: venue/site evaluation and selection; event planning, coordination and setup; food, beverage and merchandise concessions; restroom facilities; parking, transportation and security arrangements.
• Designs and implements appropriate organization structure for the event.
• Performs contract negotiations and vendor management.
• Manages event budget and realigns where appropriate.
• Assists with fundraising as required.
• Arranges marketing initiatives and publicity and manages communications and public relations as needed.
• Oversees ticketing and credentialing associated with the event.
• Creates a well-defined contingency plan for all logistical aspects in order to effectively coordinate and implement the events to manage risk.
• Develops a full understanding of all components required to execute the events.
• Manages and coordinates all event committees and event organizers.
• Coordinates and directs workers, volunteers and vendors assisting with the event.
• Interacts directly with senior clergy and executives of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and also Catholic Church personnel from Rome and other parts of the US as well as high ranking federal, state and city officials.
• Resolves unforeseen issues in a timely and professional manner.
• While not directly responsible for content and programming, oversees all necessary aspects of the execution and delivery of the program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, hospitality management or related field.
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in event-planning, management and execution, specifically of very large events.
• Ability to travel off site as required.
• An active member of the Roman Catholic Church is preferred.
• Has a deep respect for the Catholic understanding of marriage and family.
• May need to obtain appropriate security clearances in connection with expected Papal visit.
• Superior, demonstrated project management skills and experience.
• Demonstrated experience in leading/coordinating large groups of people.
• Ability to function with minimal supervision, in an unstructured environment, on a day to day basis.
• Nimble, flexible with demonstrated ability to deal with unforeseen events.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong proficiency in technology.
For more information and other job opportunities, please visit our website at www.archphila.org. EOE. (88)
Incoming search terms:
- clerical changes archdiocese of philadelphia
- Executive Director of the World Meeting of Families earnings
- Lower Merion meeting spaces
- world meeting of families