EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Executive Director of Marketing and Communications
Academically Excellent. Passionately Catholic.
For a Christian, work should never be just work. It should be a calling, a vocation, an integral part of what leads us to God. That’s the work you’ll find in a career at Franciscan University, where you will become part of a visionary organization in service of the Catholic Church, society, and culture.
The Executive Director of Marketing and Communications is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an exceptionally competent and mission-dedicated marketing professional. Serving in this newly created position, reporting directly to the President, and acting as a member of the senior leadership team, the Executive Director will lead the University’s efforts to centralize marketing and communications functions and will execute a strategic and integrated marketing plan.
The successful candidate must understand, embrace, and desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University and possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree – Master’s or Doctorate in related field preferred.
• 10 years demonstrated marketing expertise as well as demonstrated experience with the nuances of higher education marketing and branding.
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing comprehensive branding and marketing programs and measurably increasing brand identity.
• Proven experience with emerging marketing and communication technologies and channels and a vision for using them strategically at Franciscan University.
• Exceptional collaborative abilities with a track record of genuinely seeking feedback, cooperation, and buy-in.
• Action and results orientation with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage work and measure effectiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo while taking responsibility for all decisions.
Founded in 1946 by the Franciscan Friars of the Third Order Regular, Franciscan University is known worldwide for its enduring fidelity, vibrant campus culture, and academic excellence. Since 2001, the University has been ranked in the elite “first tier” of Midwestern universities by U.S. News and World Report’s guidebook, America’s Top Colleges. Included in every edition of the Cardinal Newman Society’s Guide to Choosing a Catholic College, Franciscan has also been ranked as a top 100 “best value” in private higher education by Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine since 2011.
Please visit www.franciscan.edu/CMO for a full job description.
Send nominations, inquiries and applicant materials to [email protected]
Applicant materials must include a cover letter that demonstrates:
• Candidate’s understanding, willingness to embrace, and desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
• Position fit based on candidate’s experience, education, and competencies.
Additionally, please provide compensation requirements and three references. Franciscan University provides market based compensation with benefits that are second to none among our peers.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic communication director job description
- catholic parish position communications and marketing director
- exec director franciscan university
- Post university marketing director