This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR MISSION AND MINISTRY
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
Saint Joseph’s Preparatory School (Philadelphia, PA)
St. Joseph’s Preparatory School
Executive Director of Mission and Ministry
St. Joseph’s Preparatory School is currently accepting resumes and letters of intent from candidates interested in becoming the Prep’s Executive Director of Mission and Ministry beginning in the summer of 2014. Candidates must be active Catholics who possess a combination of the experience, education, training, and personal spirituality listed below.
St. Joseph’s Preparatory School Mission Statement:
The mission of St. Joseph’s Prep as a Catholic, Jesuit, urban, college preparatory school is to develop the minds, hearts, souls, and characters of young men in their pursuit of becoming men for and with others.
Mission & Ministry Department Mission Statement:
By living the Gospel message, Mission and Ministry strives to meet students and adults where they are to create in them sustainable, faith-filled, contemplative, and active relationships with others and Jesus Christ.
Executive Director of Mission and Ministry Job Description:
The Executive Director of Mission and Ministry will lead the Mission and Ministry team, made up of the Director of Ignatian Service, the Director of Campus Ministry, and the Chaplain. This position serves on the President’s Leadership Council and reports directly to the President.
The Executive Director’s responsibilities include the following:
Adult Faith Formation:
• Articulate and regularly evaluate the mission and direction of the Mission and Ministry Department and its objectives as they relate to and support the adult community (administration, faculty, staff, coaches, alumni, parents, Board of Trustees) of the Prep.
• Introduce the Ignatian identity and Jesuit mission of the school to new employees and new Trustees.
• Develop and facilitate practical group training and retreats for the adult community of the school.
• Collaborate with and support the Companions on Mission faculty-led team with its programs and outreach, including: Faith Sharing Groups, Ignatian conversations and education, reflection days, and Meeting Christ in Prayer groups.
• Serve as the executor of the school’s Sustainability Agreement, an agreement between the Board of Trustees and the Maryland Province of the Society of Jesus, that ensures that the Prep remains a Jesuit institution.
• Attend weekly meetings of the President’s Leadership Council and advocate for the ministerial and social justice dimensions of the school.
• Participate in the interview and hiring process of prospective employees by discussing the Jesuit mission and identity that shapes our school.
• Serve on boards and committees within and outside the school to promote and represent the school and its various ministries for students and adults as an active participant in the JSEA and other local, national and international Jesuit associations.
Mission and Ministry:
• Work with the Mission and Ministry team to offer a collaborative and comprehensive ministerial and pastoral vision for the Prep community.
• Supervise and, in conjunction with the Principal, support the Mission and Ministry staff in all of the department’s student programs, including: school-wide liturgies, Adoration, IGNITE Freshman Retreat, Sophomore Retreat and Conversation, Kairos, Magis Retreat, daily service opportunities, Thanksgiving Food Drive, Operation Warm, Operation Santa Claus, Hunger and Homelessness Banquet, and immersion trips.
• Overall accountability for the preparation and management of multiple budgets for the Mission and Ministry department.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following:
• A Master’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Counseling, Divinity, or equivalent, with at least five years of experience working with students, clergy, and adults;
• Significant experience and familiarity with our Catholic, Jesuit principles, ideals and spirituality;
• Ability to think creatively about adult programming and to effectively and collaboratively execute this programming;
• Ability to mentor adults effectively;
• Ability to foster collaborative relationships with individuals in other departments;
• Proficient oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated organizational and supervisory skills;
• Strong commitment to the philosophy, mission and core values of Catholic Jesuit education.
In order to be considered for an interview, candidates should submit a letter of intent, resume and contact information of three references to the Office of Human Resources at: [email protected], or mail to:
St. Joseph’s Preparatory School
1733 W. Girard Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19130
ATTN: Joe Dougherty
Director of Human Resources
DEADLINE: Friday, March 21, 2014
Suggested resources for potential candidate’s review: Go Forth and Teach, Profile of an Ignatian Educator at St. Joseph’s Preparatory School (Links for these resources will be forthcoming.)
For more information on the mission of the school, please visit our website at www.sjprep.org. (149)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic mission identity employment director
- st josephs preparatory school