This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Executive, FT Employee
Martha’s Village and Kitchen FJV Partner Agency (Indio, CA)
The Executive Director of the partner agency, Martha’s Village and Kitchen is its chief executive officer responsible for the effective administration and operation of the corporation. Reporting to President the local Board of Directors of MVK, she/he is expected to play a central role in the development of long range policies and programs for the site, in raising resources, in approving and monitoring operating and capital budgets, in the staffing and supervision of all activities of the organization, in setting and maintaining professional standards and in working cooperatively with other FJV executive staff. Ensures the effective coordination, integration and compliance of all programs according to organization’s policies and procedures, Mission, CREED and client-centered philosophy of services.
Some primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Articulate the spiritual values and policies needed to execute the mission of the corporation, consistent with the policies of Father Joe’s Villages.
• Act as chief spokesperson for the local site, representing the agency to the media, prospective donors, government agencies, staff, etc. Articulate the goals and aspirations of Father Joe’s Villages to all who need its services and to those who support it.
• Act as the chief fund-raiser for the local corporation and provides leadership and supervision for the Mission Advancement team in consultation with the President and FJV Development staff.
• Direct, approve, and implement program content and program quality control processes within and consistent with the Father Joe’s Village’s mission philosophy and policies established by the President.
• Act as an advocate on behalf of homeless.
• Report to the President and local Board.
• Submit nominees for directors and officers of the local site to the President for appointment by the Martha’s Village & Kitchen Directors.
• Advise and work collaboratively with the President of Father Joe’s Villages on matters affecting the corporation.
• Network and bring in community resources and programs that enhance the services of the Village and ensure that on-site services are not duplicated.
• Develop and present plans for the growth of the local Martha’s Village & Kitchen, articulating a vision of service to respond to local needs and present such plans to the President to determine if it will be presented to Board of Directors for review and approval.
A. ASSIGNMENT, REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF WORK: The Executive Director receives assignments from the President and local Board of Directors. In turn the Executive Director delegates work to appropriate staff. The ED’s performance is reviewed by the President and local Board of Directors annually.
B. SPECIAL AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE: The position requires a high degree of general administrative and management knowledge. Specialized knowledge in fundraising, programming, public speaking, finance, budgeting, and knowledge of issues and challenges facing homeless are essential. (A second language although not required would be beneficial to the needs of locality.)
C. TYPE AND LENGTH OF EXPERIENCE: Requires a Master’s Degree in Human Services field and ten (10) years progressive senior managerial and executive responsibility in a non-for-profit agency of comparable size. Excellent oral and written skills. Residential experience highly desirable. Superior supervisory experience.
NOTE: Will consider other advanced degree in conjunction with executive responsibility in a non-for-profit agency of comparable size and scope of services.
D. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS: The position requires the highest level of interpersonal skill with broad range of board members, donors, professionals, colleagues, and subordinates. Ease in communicating with homeless essential. Ability to make speeches and interact with the media is also required.
E. The position requires communication with other Father Joe’s Villages executive Directors and executive staff.
F. MAJOR OR UNUSUAL PROBLEMS: The position requires sensitivity to the political structure of the organization, particularly the relationship between and among Father Joe’s Villages (“Corporate”) and its subsidiaries. The position must maintain appropriate relationships with the local Board of Directors, the President of Father Joe’s Villages, other Executive Directors and Leadership. The position must be alert to anticipating problems and respond swiftly to correcting errors or omissions. The position must identify policies which must be developed, amended, or deleted.
G. DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY: The position had (has) broad authority for making decisions that affect the general direction and operations of the corporation, within the context of the policies set by the President of Father Joe’s Villages.
H. SOURCES OF SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE IN MEETING PROBLEMS AND
I. CHALLENGES: Support and guidance is from the President and local Board of Directors, general counsel, Executive Directors, and the leadership. In particular instances the use of consultants and outside experts may be sought.
J. OTHER AIDS TO PROBLEMS SOLVING: The incumbent is expected to draw upon whatever resources are necessary to solve problems or develop options for agency.
K. GENERAL: The position requires an individual who is highly dedicated to the Mission of the organization. Leadership ability is critical.
Other Relevant Job Information:
The Executive Director must possess a strong empathy for the mission of Father Joe’s Villages serve homeless individuals and families on a non-selective basis, must have as a primary goal keeping the organization faithful to its guiding principles while at the same time having the courage and vision to shape its future. He/she must be willing to share responsibility yet be able to retain informed control, be willing and eager to work constructively with and provide guidance and support for the President and volunteer Board of Directors.
The ability to work with a very broad range of individuals and groups is essential. The Executive Director must have the capacity to relate positively and productively with people of all ages and creeds, to make difficult and sometimes unpleasant decisions with sensitivity, fairness, and firmness. He/she must genuinely like and respect the people for whom Father Joe’s Villages exists, should have a sense of humor as well as sense of self, must have high level of energy and an instinct for fairness and decency.
The Executive Director must accept the fact that he/she is going to be a public and visible figure and represent the agency in accord with the highest standards of integrity. A requirement is the ability to speak and write with accuracy, ability, and force.
The Executive Director must be capable of identifying financial resources and oversight for the Mission Advancement Team and working collaboratively with Father Joe’s Villages and partner agencies, participating in and contributing to an organization, running an organization of the (local) size and complexity, and have strength and experience in programmatic, fiscal and operational management.
For more information about our programs, services and job opportunities, please visit http://www.fatherjoesvillages.org
Father Joe’s Villages offers employees generous benefits, including:
Employee Appreciation Events
Paid Time Off (up to 28 days)
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
We are an at-will employer. Father Joe’s Villages is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, citizenship, marital status and the presence of a medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. (138)
Incoming search terms:
- father joe ft lauderdale catholic priest
- marthas village indio job openings
- new executive director marthas village and kitchen