This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Management, FT Employee
Good Shepherd Volunteers (Astoria, NY)
Good Shepherd Volunteers (GSV) is seeking an Executive Director to lead the 20-year old organization into a future of sustained and smart growth. GSV provides full-time volunteers with the opportunity to use their talents to serve women, children, and adolescents affected by poverty, violence, and neglect. The organization places 25 to 30 volunteers annually in the United States and internationally in a variety of fields including youth counseling, domestic violence, fair trade, economic justice, foster care, after-school programs, and education.
The Executive Director of GSV will be an energetic leader with strategic management experience who can successfully manage the daily operations and is familiar with faith-based volunteer programs. The Executive Director reports to the GSV Board of Directors and is responsible for supervising two staff members and for managing and growing an annual organizational budget of $270,000.
The Executive Director is the face of the organization and is responsible for generating visibility and building partnerships with donors (institutional and individual), Good Shepherd Sisters leadership, and volunteer placement sites.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in management and leadership or other related field preferred.
• Ability to think strategically, synthesize lessons learned and engage in key relationships to sustain and grow the organization.
• Proven fundraising experience with interest in developing relationships with donors and foundations; grant writing experience preferred; governance and Board skills needed.
• Management and supervisory experience.
• Excellent oral written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in office software packages and Quickbooks.
• Ability to work occasional weekends and travel both domestically and internationally.
• Willingness to spend at least three years committed to the organization.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and required salary range by March 29, 2013 to the GSV Search Committee at [email protected]
Good Shepherd Volunteers, 25-30 21st Avenue, Astoria, NY 11105
Incoming search terms:
- good shephard volunteers