Management, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida (Pensacola, FL)
Under the general supervision of the Bishop and the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the management and operation of all programs and services provided by Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida including, but not limited to:
• Overseeing and managing fiscal aspects including fund development, financial management including managing the budget.
• Planning, developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Working closely with agency staff to ensure program integrity and to establish priorities and systems for staff development
• Representing the agency to the community including building strong relationships with key stakeholders and support of fund development activities.
• Representing the Agency in external meetings, seminars and programs.
• Executive Director ensures that all Agency operations are integrally connected to the Mission and Vision of the Organization as well as Catholic Social Teachings.
• Working collaboratively with the Board of Directors to sustain and grow the Agency
• Ensure that the mission and vision of Catholic Charities are carried out effectively, efficiently, consistently and collaboratively.
• Initiate, in collaboration with the Board of Directors, long-range strategic and operational planning. Is responsible for oversight and is accountable for implementation of all such plans.
• Develop, present, implement and review programs, policies and procedures to fulfill the mission and vision of Catholic Charities.
• Oversee the administrative and fiduciary functions of Catholic Charities while delegating duties and maintaining a formal means of accountability for all staff.
• Represent Catholic Charities to numerous community stakeholders and groups of associations and agencies as well as to the media.
• Work closely with Board members and staff to identify, cultivate and solicit potential major donors from both public and private sources in support of the programs of Catholic Charities.
• Recommend budgets and appropriate policies to the Board of Directors. Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the Board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
• Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
• Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field and community needs in counties within the Diocese.
• Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
• Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
• Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
Maintain and grow the Fund Development efforts of Catholic Charities. This will include but not be limited to the following:
• Organize the Catholic Charities Annual Appeal
• Cultivate and maintain donor relationships
• Cultivate new donors
• Coordinate other fundraising events/efforts including grant writing, grant reporting and management of funds as needed.
A combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Education and Experience
• Education: Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Experience as an Executive Director of a non-profit organization or
• Five years of proven leadership in a diverse and complex service organization. Experience in developing and adapting community-based programs responsive to local needs.
o Experience in building formal coalitions.
o Experience in budget planning, management and fund development.
o Experience in overseeing diverse programs
• Must be a practicing Catholic and have knowledge of and commitment to Catholic social teaching.
• Must successfully complete a level two background screening and credit check.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate and promote the vision and mission of Catholic Charities.
• Familiarity with and strong commitment to Catholic social teaching.
• Ability to work effectively with internal and external constituents, including a diverse group of individuals from many cultures and walks of life, especially the immigrant population.
• Ability to lead a group toward a common goal.
• Direct, evaluate, train and supervise the work of assigned personnel.
• Handle public contact and relations effectively.
• Plans short and long-range activities.
• Analyze and resolve problems.
• Maintain accurate and orderly records including tracking of Program Outcomes.
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Use independent judgment and initiative.
• Organize and direct several activities.
• Analyze and evaluate information.
• Display sensitivity, tact, responsiveness in various situations and needs.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality.
Please submit a cover letter that includes salary requirement and current resume via email or mail to:
Human Resource Manager
Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee
11 N. B. Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
Email: [email protected] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities northwest florida
- catholic charities staff pensacola
- Wages in Penscaola Florida for Executive Director of Non-Profit Org