This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CEO
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Eternal Word Television Network, Inc. (Irondale, AL)
TITLE: Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
GENERAL SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Chief Executive. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Governors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is authentically Catholic and mission-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
1. Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
2. Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
3. Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s initiatives.
4. Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
5. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
6. Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
7. Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
8. Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
9. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison
1. Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the Network’s Board of Governors
2. Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
3. Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
4. Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison
1. Participates as an adjunct member of the management team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings
2. Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings
3. Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
1. Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general
2. Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders
1. Works with the Mission Advancement team in coordinating the CEO’s outreach activities
2. Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
3. Edits and creates drafts of acknowledgement letters from the CEO to donors
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a Catholic non-profit organization, arch/diocese or national Catholic apostolate
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the structure, hierarchy and protocols of the Catholic Church
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Special Skills and/or Personal Attributes:
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing, according to the norms of the Church and be committed to the work of the New Evangelization
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, 403(b) retirement plan, and more. No phone calls please.
Interested Candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Executive Assistant in the subject line or mail to Human Resources, EWTN Global Catholic Network, 5817 Old Leeds Road, Irondale, Alabama 35210. (204)
Incoming search terms:
- assistant to ceo
- assistant to the ceo of network
- executive assistant to ceo
- network liaison