This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – HUMAN RESOURCES
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD)
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Executive Vice President, Human Resources and Director(s) of Human Resources
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Vice President (EVP) of Human Resources with secondary responsibilities to the Director(s) of Human Resources. This position may also on occasion provide support to the managers within the HR department as time allows. The Executive Assistant, EA, monitors the budget for HR and tracks expenses for all units within HR. The EA also coordinates meetings and events for the division.
• Answers and screens all incoming calls, using discretion in handling/distributing calls. Creates call list for follow-up and tracks accordingly.
• Performs keyboarding, messaging, and copying and filing. Creates files and maintains electronic and manual files as needed, keeping them up to date and ready for use.
• Routinely monitors, sorts, and prioritizes and may respond to incoming emails and prepare correspondence for EVP’s signature and at the direction of the supervisor.
• Answers questions from employees or directs employees to the proper person within HR.
• Handles confidential matters with tact, discretion and professional judgment. Respects individual’s right to privacy.
• Manages, including updating, all scheduling, including Outlook calendar management, internal and external meeting requests, conference calls and other appointments for the EVP and the Director(s) of HR, and broader executive and departmental/divisional meetings. Helps keep the EVP on schedule daily.
• Maintains critical project lists and helps keep the department on deadlines.
• Prepare documents for the compensation Committee/Board of Directors.
• Helps plan and coordinate the logistics of meetings and events, internally at headquarters and for visitors and field-based staff.
• Makes recommendations so meetings run smoothly including proper AV equipment, speaker phones, etc. Sets up proper meeting reminders. Gathers documents and prepares files to help in meeting prep.
• Keeps HR department larger calendar, tracking key projects and events.
• Prepares and meets deadlines for outgoing mail, FedEx and deliveries. Sets proper reminders for staff as needed.
• Approves timesheets and travel expenses and follow-up on expense checks.
• Maintains leave records of EVP and HR Director (s) and direct reports as requested.
• Arranges travel for EVP and Director(s) including coordination of tickets and visas with field-based staff. Create and manage travel arrangements, preparing any materials and visas as necessary and be able to assist with urgent, last minute changes with flights. Coordinate logistics travel and payments. At the conclusion of travel, processes travel-expense reporting and reimbursement.
• Manages telephone inquiries to the EVP and Director(s) from all levels. Monitors annual budget for the EVP’s office.
• Coordinates correspondence for the EVP and Director(s). Files reports and preserves vital records as needed.
• Conducts research to obtain background information on various projects.
• Formats, edits, proofread, reproduce and distributes materials. Produces documents, PowerPoint presentations or spreadsheets using Microsoft tools.
• Maintains up-to-date contact information of Direct Reports, Regional Directors and senior staff.
• Reviews and processes company credit card activity, expense reports and accounts payable.
• Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Oversees computer purchases and records for the department.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Content Manager for the Human Resources, Baltimore SharePoint site, including access permission, posting documents, communications and organizing information and relevant communication.
• Monitor and reviews calendars on SharePoint and the Executive Calendar.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Executive Leadership Team, Board of Directors, Administrative Assistants, Overseas Regional Directors, senior leaders in HR, USOPs and Overseas Operations.
External: Donors, dignitaries, partners, Church and government officials, consultants and vendors.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
• Bachelor’s degree with at least seven to ten years of experience, organizing and providing administrative support to a large group of multi-cultural employees, preferable in Human Resources or relief focused organizations.
• Experience supporting executive leaders in a large organization and interfacing with other executive assistants.
• Experience supporting multiple units within an organization.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal relations, oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with SharePoint a plus as well as Waterfall charts.
• Ability to handle multiple demands, prioritize and produce high-quality work under pressure. Uses spell check regularly.
• Commitment to accuracy in all tasks.
• Willingness to learn; collaborative team player with a positive attitude.
• Extensive knowledge of complex domestic and international travel arrangements.
• Ability to work with minimal direction and employ excellent judgment and professionalism at all times.
• Ability to handle highly confidential information with total discretion and diplomacy.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment.
• Interface professionally with all levels in the organization.
• Ability to interface with a multi-cultural employee group on multiple time zones.
• Technologically savvy.
• Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties and tasks.
• Experience working with Catholic Church structures a plus.
• Ability to speak French or Spanish preferred.
Note: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
No relocation will be available for this position.
To apply, please visit:
Incoming search terms:
- Human Resources Catholic Relief Services
- human resources vp