This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
EXEC. EDITOR GM DIOCESAN NEWSPAPER
Publishing/Journalism, FT Employee
Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge (Baton Rouge, LA)
This Executive Editor/Gen. Manager of The Catholic Commentator provides direction for the editorial focus of the diocesan newspaper and oversees the primary day-to-day operations of the department. The primary responsibility is to spread the Good News by ensuring the delivery of current news to all diocesan communities regarding the Catholic Church on a local, national and international level in a manner that supports the teachings and doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church. This is a working position that actively covers reported events including interviews, writing stories and taking photographs for each publication.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field and a minimum of five years specifically related experience required. Working knowledge and proficiency in Mac, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign required.
• Advanced or Professional Catechetical Certification preferred.
• Valid, current driver’s license and own, reliable transportation.
• Due to the nature of this position, it is required that the incumbent be a practicing Roman Catholic who is registered and active in a Church parish.
Must Be Able to Demonstrate:
• Working knowledge of the Catholic Church, its teachings, doctrine, and current policies and the position of the Church, the Vatican, the U.S. bishops, and the local Ordinary.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and develop and cultivate diverse relationships.
• Administrative, public relations, and customer service expertise and excellent managerial skills including the ability to appropriately supervise staff, accurately meet deadlines, and maintain schedules.
• Computer literate and technically proficient in terminology of producing a newspaper and advertising sales, photography/digital camera equipment, newspaper layout and design, writing, editing, proof reading, web management, and web print technology.
Travel for media coverage and work outside of regular office hours, including late afternoons, evenings and/or weekends due to event coverage and deadlines, is required.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and references to:
Director of Executive Editor Search Committee
Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge
P.O. Box 2028
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-2028
Email: [email protected]
Applications must be received by March 22, 2013 (358)
Incoming search terms:
- diocese of baton rouge la
- Catholic newspaper of Baton Rouge
- diocese of baton rouge catholic school salary
- editor of Catholic Commeentator Baton Rouge