This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
EXEC DIRECTOR, NATL ASSOC OF CHURCH PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATORS
Executive, FT Employee
National Association of Church Personnel Administrators (Cincinnati, OH)
The National Association of Church Personnel Administrators (NACPA) is a member organization dedicated to the development and promotion of just personnel practices and workplace justice rooted in gospel values. NACPA is currently searching for an experienced and dynamic individual to lead and administer the organization.
Qualifications: Five years proven experience in non-profit administration including strategic planning, grant procurement and fiscal management; Master’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience; practicing Roman Catholic with working knowledge of Catholic Church teachings, structures and constituencies. Professional experience in Human Resource Management in a Catholic organization and PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent oral and communication skills; ability to work with volunteer board of directors and with other national groups; demonstrated experience in developing, planning, executing and evaluating programs, including national conferences; proven public relations, marketing and entrepreneurial skills; understanding of and ability to manage electronic communications, databases and other technology.
Frequent nationwide travel required. Office is currently located in Cincinnati, OH; future location of office is negotiable.
Apply at: http://hire.li/1pNFeRT
The Executive Director ensures that the mission and vision of NACPA are carried out in collaboration with the NACPA Board. The Executive Director’s primary responsibilities include:
• Leadership and management of the Association.
• Proactive representation of the Association to professional and church groups.
• Leadership and implementation in Strategic Planning.
• Financial management.
The Executive Director is a non-voting member of the NAPCA Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, and is an ex-officio member of all other Board committees.
Office is currently located in Cincinnati, OH; future location of office is negotiable.
• Ensures that NACPA’s public image is consistent with its mission, vision, and values.
• Represents the Association, in collaboration with the Board, to other national associations, church representatives, professional groups, and the media.
• Works collaboratively with the Finance Committee and the Board to set the budget. Regularly reviews the Association’s financial status in collaboration with outside accounting and audit firms. Provides regular, timely financial reports to the Board and keeps Board apprised of Association’s financial health. Administers the receipt and disbursement of funds within budgetary limits.
• Directs and manages regular and ongoing Association activities, member services, consultation/training, convocation planning, and NACPA publications and communications.
• Ensures that NACPA services are provided in a competent and timely manner to membership and clients. Regularly solicits and acts on input from Association members regarding membership needs and satisfaction. Explores new areas for member education and development.
• Leads in the development, implementation, and evaluation of a Strategic Plan for the Association, in collaboration with the Board.
• Identifies, cultivates, and solicits grants and donors in support of NACPA.
• Manages the NACPA web site, social media, and other electronic communications. Keeps current with technology and adopts new means of communication as needed to meet NACPA’s needs.
• Stays abreast of developments in church personnel/human resources and association management.
• Implements policies and directives of the Board.
• Ensures effective stewardship of Association property and inventory, monitors insurance policies, and oversees the purchase and replacement of capital equipment.
• Monitors legal issues related to the Association. Ensures that NACPA policies and procedures are in compliance with sound Association practices and minimize the Association’s liability.
• Prepares and delivers an annual report for the Association.
• Ensures that NACPA’s records and archives are kept up to date and secure.
• Other duties as needed.
• Five (5) years proven experience in non-profit administration including strategic planning, grant procurement, and fiscal management experience.
• Master’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
• Practicing Catholic, with working knowledge of Catholic Church teachings, structures, and constituencies.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Professional experience in Human Resources in a Catholic organization.
• PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to adapt communications style to audience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead an organization with vision and creativity.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with a volunteer Board and other national groups.
• Effective decision making, goal-setting, and planning skills.
• Demonstrated experience in developing, planning, executing, and evaluating programs including annual conferences.
• Proven public relations, marketing, and entrepreneurial skills.
• Ability to oversee program development and evaluation.
• Understanding of and ability to manage electronic communications, database, and other technology appropriate to NACPA.
• Office environment including standard office equipment (telephone, computer, copier, fax, etc.)
• Frequent travel required, including evenings and weekends. Various field environments.
Apply at: http://hire.li/1pNFeRT
Deadline: 9/30/14 (81)
Incoming search terms:
- association of legal administrators
- National Association Of Church Administrators