This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Other, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
The Evangelization Trainer, working closely with the other members of the EVNE team and in collaboration with the other offices involved in the implementation of the Archdiocesan Pastoral Plan, Disciples in Mission, is responsible for the development and implementation of the training and support necessary in assisting parish collaboratives in becoming centers for the New Evangelization.
Other responsibilities may include involvement in other initiatives associated with supporting parishes in learning about and engaging in the mission of the New Evangelization.
The Evangelization Trainer reports to the Senior Associate to the Episcopal Vicar for the New Evangelization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in developing the curriculum for the various stages of training for the pastoral plan.
• Facilitate stages of training.
• Engage pastors, pastoral service teams, pastoral and finance councils, and school boards in consultative service.
• Research and help parishes implement best practices for the New Evangelization that are relevant to their current needs and demographics.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Studies or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a diocesan, parish, school, apostolate or similar setting.
• Must have experience and knowledge of the Catholic faith and the Church’s mission for the New Evangelization and a demonstrated ability to lead others to embrace this mission in their own lives.
• Knowledge of Church documents, teachings and writings on evangelization, new evangelization and catechesis.
• Ability to articulate authentic Catholic teaching, advise on pastoral needs and program responses.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as social networking tools.
• Experience working with the public and handling issues/complaints in a diplomatic manner.
• Ability to anticipate needs, establish priorities, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate discretion, project a positive attitude and exercise a high level of professionalism.
• Strong skills in organizing, multi-tasking and following through in a busy, changing environment.
• Excellent relationship-building skills with a focus on service to others. A high level of energy, creativity and humor. Ability to establish trust and work collaboratively.
• Ability to communicate effectively through e-mail and/or telephone.
• Must possess strong communication skills (both oral and written).
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Archdiocese of Boston.
• Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to hr_staffing @rcab.org (93)