This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
La Salle High School (Pasadena, CA)
La Salle High School is seeking a dynamic English educator to teach in a variety of courses. The English Department collaborates to provide a curriculum that is rich is developing proper writing skills and critical reading. We are committed to providing a curriculum that meets the needs of all students through innovative learning activities, real world applications and connections across academic disciplines.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Model the characteristics of a Catholic, Lasallian educator;
• Actively support La Salle’s Mission, Philosophy and ESLRs;
• Design and/or implement courses and units that effectively promote department outcomes and adhere to the scope and sequence as determined by the department;
• Plan what students will learn, how they will learn and how they will be assessed within a framework that features common assignments and assessments appropriate to the grade level within the academic discipline;
• Engage students in an active, effective learning environment;
• Collaborate with peers to develop, review and improve curriculum;
• Provide regular and varied assessments of student learning to compile appropriate grades and properly determine what and how all students are learning;
• Communicate consistently with students, parents and school personnel;
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth, including sharing best practices in pedagogy and educational technology;
• Work with appropriate administrators, the Learning Specialist, and/or counselors to support students that may have special learning needs;
• Keep current and complete grading and attendance records;
• Prefect and supervise students outside of the classroom;
• Actively support the co-curricular programs of the school.
• Undergraduate degree in English and/or Humanities;
• Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning;
• Teaching credential or work toward it.
• Experience working with high school students;
• Experience as a classroom teacher;
• Facility with web-based learning and/or digital resources;
• Master’s Degree in English or comparable
• Experience in a Catholic high school setting.
La Salle High School will offer a competitive salary and benefits. Position begins August 2014.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Elizabeth Serhan, Assistant to the Principal, [email protected] (492)
Incoming search terms:
- La Salle High School Pasadena
- Pasadena engish Schools