This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Social Work, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
Assist and prepare both refugees and asylees to become self-sufficient through employment in the shortest time possible. Assist currently under-employed clients to increase their wage-earning potential and to meet their financial needs through employment.
Provide interpretation and translation services to refugee clients, as well as transportation to appointments as necessary for the purpose of early employment/self-sufficiency
Develop and implements Resettlement and Employment Plans in consultation with clients, based on individual challenges and needs.
Connect clients to in-house services and makes referrals to external service providers as necessary to assist clients in achieving self-sufficiency.
Tracks client progress and provides follow-up assistance throughout the initial 90 day retention period of employment.
Perform intake for new clients ensuring proper documentation and case file requirements.
Counsel clients about the world of work, job search, the need for early employment, job retention, and consequences of refusing an appropriate offer of employment.
Refer clients to and participate in teaching Pre-Employment Training.
Provide individualized job development and job placement services to program participants. Develop plan of action and counsel clients in areas such as job interview skills, expected behavior on the job.
Identify job opportunities suitable for clients, assist in filling out applications, set up interviews with potential employers, accompany clients to interviews, and follow up with employers if needed.
Network with potential employers and serve as primary point of contact with human resources.
Advocate on behalf of refugees, and refugee-serving voluntary agencies.
Offer interpretation and translation services to refugee clients, as well as transportation to interviews and appointments as necessary
Work with clients to remove barriers to employment and realize the goal of family self-sufficiency. Connect clients to in-house support and make referrals to external service providers. Identify support services that may assist clients in becoming self-sufficient, such as ESL, transportation, immigration services, and child care.
Foster and develop good communication and relationships between sub-offices, local agencies and the community.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling or appropriate field.
• 3+ years’ experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience providing orientation and career counseling
• Must be a proactive team player and create a team atmosphere while reflecting leadership and promoting collaboration between programs.
• Assess the employment readiness of the refuges and asylees. Create Individual Employment Plans for each client.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Must be able to keep informed of the social services policies and practices in all counties and localities where the case manager is active.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and suitable vehicle for transporting clients.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]
EOE. No phone calls, please. (232)