EMPLOYMENT RESOURCE SPECIALIST
Other, PT Temp
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
Catholic Charities Migration and Refugee Services (MRS) is seeking an Employment Resource Specialist. This is a part-time temporary position of 29 hours per week. The Employment Resource Specialist has the responsibility to conduct outreach to area employers and recruit employers that can provide employment opportunities to Migration and Refugee Services (MRS) clients. Additionally the Employment Resource Specialist will take the lead in searching, assessing and negotiating with agencies such as community colleges and training centers for a short term training for Migration and Refugee Services (MRS) clients and working with Employment Specialists to identify trends by evaluating the clients’ past experiences and education, the Employment Resource Specialist will make decisions on training frequently needed by MRS clients. Once employers and trainers are identified, the Employment Resource Specialist will advocate on behalf of MRS clients to obtain the most beneficial service delivery system of those resources. The Employment Resource Specialist will be a resource for clients who require recertification of degrees and certifications/licenses from their countries of origin. This position is expected to end on or about September 30, 2014.
• Assessing current program needs and prospective community partners including local colleges, technical schools/programs, OneStop centers, WorkForce reinvestment community partners, local employers
• Conducting outreach to (networking with) local colleges, technical schools/programs, OneStop centers, WorkForce reinvestment community partners, local employers on behalf of MRS clients
• Identifying job opportunities suitable for selected clients, setting up management level meetings with potential employers, accompanying clients to meetings and following-up with employers towards the goal of establishing solid relationships
• Working with selected clients who have advances degrees to remove barriers to employment and realize the goal of family self-sufficiency. Connect clients to in-house support and make referrals to external service providers. Identify support services that may assist clients in becoming self-sufficient, such as ESL, transportation, immigration services, and child care.
• Working with selected clients who have advanced degrees in other countries on recertification
• Performing all duties in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner
• Working varied hours as requested (may include some night and weekend work)
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for the travel needs throughout Northern Virginia (mileage reimbursed)
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required.
3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, internally to clients and external agencies.
Must be able to represent Catholic Charities and MRS at conferences, trainings, and meetings in the community-at-large
Must be able to document information in timely manner for performance tracking purposes.
Must submit accurate and complete reports in a timely manner.
Must be able to “think on one’s feet” and solve difficult problems under pressure (i.e. – budgetary, direct service related, or staff-related problems)
Must be able to accomplish program goals with minimal day-to-day supervision. Should be able to work independently but may also seek guidance from the management when needed.
Must attend regular supervision of staff, case consultation, and crisis mitigation strategy meetings.
Must have competence in MS Office programs and working within cloud technology. Must be able to learn specialized data tracking programs.
Must be able to keep up with employment and training trends
Must be familiar with the Northern Virginia employers
Must be knowledgeable about Work Force investment and One Stop service providers in the area
Please send cover letter with hourly rate and resume to [email protected]
No phone calls please. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities migration and refugee services arlington
- Catholic Charities Arlington TX
- catholic charities arlington tx car donation