ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
Our Lady Star of the Sea (Atlantic City, NJ)
OUR LADY STAR OF THE SEA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
REPORTS TO: Pastor
CONSULTS WITH: School Board and Diocese of Camden Office of Education
SUPERVISES: Students, Teachers and Staff
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The school Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe Catholic learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
Achieving academic excellence requires that the school Principal work collaboratively with the Pastor and School Board to direct and nurture all members of the school community and to communicate effectively with all stakeholders (Students, Parents, Employees, Parish Leadership and the Catholic Community of the Atlantic City Region. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for scheduling, curriculum development, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures, and facility operations.
The School Principal shall:
1. Be a Catholic who has been confirmed and has already received the sacrament of Most Holy Eucharist and leads a life in harmony with the faith; not be bound by any canonical penalty legitimately imposed or declared; and be a registered-active member of a Catholic Parish.
2. Hold a degree (Master’s Degree Preferred) from an accredited college or university.
3. Have at least five (5) years excellent experience in teaching and working with children and adolescents, preferably in a Catholic School. Administrative experience as a Principal, Assistant Principal or Central Office Administrator as well as hold aNJ Administrative Certificate or equivalent (demonstrate a willingness to convert equivalency to NJ Certificate) preferred.
4. Hold certification as a catechist issued by the Diocese of Camden or other Catholic Diocese, demonstrate the equivalency, or be willing to become so certified.
5. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of curriculum development and program evaluation, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning.
6. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The School Principal shall:
1. Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
2. Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, building maintenance, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures. Ensure compliance with all laws, board policies and diocesan and civil regulations.
3. Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies, materials and technology consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
4. Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school. Ensure a safe, orderly environment that encourages students to take responsibility for behavior and creates high morale among staff and students. File all required reports regarding violence, vandalism, attendance and discipline matters.
5. Keep the Pastor advised of employees not meeting their contractual agreement.
6. Research and collect data regarding the needs of students, and other pertinent information including the collection of details regarding the sacraments students have received or are preparing for. Keep the Pastor and Religious Education Coordinator(s) informed of this information.
7. Keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school. Conduct monthly staff meetings and additional meetings as necessary, for the proper functioning of the school.
8. Maintain visibility with students, teachers, parents and the Parish Community.
9. Communicate regularly with parents, seeking their support and advice, so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the student in the school.
10. Maintain positive, cooperative and mutually supportive relationships with Pastor, Employees, Parents, Parish Leadership, and School Board. Communicate with the Pastor, School Board, and Parish Community regularly about the needs, successes and general operation of the school.
11. Attend school board meetings, required committee meetings (e.g.: fund-raising, curriculum, etc.) and extra school sponsored functions and religious events e.g.: First Communion, Confirmation, Graduation, etc.).
12. Work with the Pastor to guide and instruct the teachers to provide the spiritual atmosphere inherent in a vibrant Catholic educational environment.
13. Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Pastor and not otherwise prohibited by law or in conflict with diocesan policy.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. Diocesan application and resume.
2. Required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Letter of support-confirmation from your pastor attesting to qualifications above.
4. Official College Transcripts.
5. A minimum of three letters of reference (Confidential Statement of Qualifications Form) from former employers, teachers, professors or other professional sources. Two must be professional and one a character reference.
6. Copies of recent evaluations of teaching and/or administrative performance.
7. Employment interview.
The School Principal shall be employed under the following terms:
1. Work year of twelve months.
2. Salary, benefits, and leaves time as negotiated by the Pastor.
3. Conditions established by laws and codes of the State, and policies, rules, and regulations established by the Diocese of Camden, Pastor and School Board.
The Pastor, in consultation with the School Board and Diocesan Office of Catholic Schools shall evaluate the effectiveness of the School Principal in accordance the Performance Appraisal Process prescribed by the Diocese of Camden, this Job Description and such other criteria as shall be established in mutual collaboration with the principal. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- Our lady star of the sea school nj principal
- atlantic city our lady star of the sea elementary basketball schedule
- criteria for catholic school principal in nj
- dstar of the sea school atlantic city nj principal
- find our lady star of the sea school in atlantic city nj
- our lady star of the sea atlantic city nj
- our lady star of the sea catholic church atlantic city teachers