This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish (Williamsville, NY)
Elementary School Principal Job Description
Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary School, Williamsville, NY
The principal of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary School (Nativity of Mary School) is the spiritual, professional, instructional and administrative head of the school. He/she is the primary agent for creating an environment that fosters Catholic faith formation, academic excellence, and vitality and viability. He/she is responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere for all members of the school community (faculty, staff, students, parents and donors) and a climate that encourages the engagement of each student in the learning process while fostering a love for learning. The principal reports directly to the pastor of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish. The position will be a 12 month position (with reduced summer office hours), medical insurance coverage, pension plan, paid time off and a negotiable salary based on skills and experience.
For this full-time salaried position, applicants are to:
• Be a practicing Catholic with a commitment to Catholic education
• Hold a Masters Degree and School Level Administrators Certification (preferred) or be enrolled in administrative certification program.
• Possess a broad background of experience in elementary education with successful teaching and/or administrative or supervisory experience
• Be able to work cooperatively with individuals and groups
• Comply with all VIRTUS training requirements as set by the Diocese
Brief Description of School and Church
Nativity of Mary School is a operated by Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish. The Parish currently counts 2,400 families as members, and has a full-time Pastor, to whom the Principal would report. The School currently has 56 children enrolled in Pre-K and Kindergarten Readiness, and 167 students enrolled in grades K through 8, which represents a 13% increase in elementary enrollment over the past five years. The school’s 25 faculty members implement full academic, athletic, music and art programs, which meet New York State Common Core Standards, as well as the Diocesan Curriculum utilizing the STREAM model. The school has strong parent involvement including an active Home School Association. The school will be operating with the oversight of a Limited Board of Jurisdiction in line with recent Diocesan changes in school operations.
Principal Job Description
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Under the overall guidance of the Buffalo Diocese’s Superintendent of Schools, be an inspiring and trusted leader and administrator who motivates the school’s personnel to provide the best opportunities for student academic and faith growth and development
• Recruit, hire, support, and supervise faculty and staff, conducting classroom observations, performing annual performance reviews, and providing opportunities for professional development
• Supervise the work of the School Office staff who handle the day to day operations including keeping records, tracking expenditures, maintaining inventories and submitting required reports
• Possess the ability to make thoughtful and sometimes difficult decisions after engaging others in decision-making and conflict resolution
• Actively participate in student recruitment efforts to market our school in a highly competitive public school market and work collaboratively with the parish’s Director of Advancement in this process.
• Oversee the implementation of RTI and IEP process requirements
• Ensure that New York State testing requirements are met
• Collaborate with the Pastor, the Business Manager, Parish Finance Committee and the school’s Limited Board of Jurisdiction to prepare the school budget and monitor the budget once it has been approved
• Work with the Facilities Manager to maintain the physical environment of the school building to ensure that it is clean, safe and conducive to learning
• Build collegial relationships with the Director of Family Faith Formation and other members of the parish staff, with Diocesan staff, and with the principals of other elementary schools in the Diocese of Buffalo
• Work collaboratively with the Home School Association and the Limited Board of Jurisdiction for the betterment of the school
• Be comfortable with technology as a tool for instruction, management and communications within and beyond the school
• Stay informed about new developments in curriculum, instruction, assessment and technology by regularly reading published materials and attending workshops and continuing education programs
Interested applicants may submit their resume and letter of intent via mail to Principal Search, Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, 4375 Harris Hill Rd., Williamsville, NY 14221 or email to [email protected] Applicants may be asked to provide additional information, including references and transcripts, and may be invited to interview with the selection committee, Pastor and for meetings with the school’s teachers and parents.
Responses are due by Friday, May 2nd 2014.
For further information about our school and parish, please visit the school website at http://www.nativityofmaryschool.org (255)