This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
ELEARNING AND MULTIMEDIA SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Franciscan University of Steubenville (Steubenville, OH)
Date: August 25, 2014
Position Available: eLearning and Multimedia Support Specialist – SG6
Position Reports to: Director of Online Programming and Instructional Design
Department: Academic Affairs
FLSA Status: Exempt (Professional)
Hours: Monday through Thursday 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., occasional onsite evenings or weekends
The eLearning and Multimedia Support Specialist, a key member of Franciscan’s eLearning Support Team, reports to the Director of Online Programming and Instructional Design and works closely with the Academic Instructional Technologist and Academic Computing Staff to support students, faculty, and staff in implementing and using Blackboard and other instructional technology tools. This position also manages and supports digital video recording for faculty, staff, and students as well as the editing and captioning of the videos.
1. Provide level 2 application support to students and faculty in using Blackboard and other elearning tools in person, by telephone, email, web conferencing, and screen sharing
2. Work with faculty to envision and implement elearning tools in their online and hybrid courses
3. Manage the video recording and editing of faculty, staff, and student videos in the studio and classroom
4. Perform routine management tasks, Blackboard tasks, such as creating organizations/custom courses and enrolling students
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University’s needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
1. Demonstrated excellence in and passion for using and supporting students and faculty using Blackboard Learn and other elearning tools in higher education
2. Demonstrated excellence in and passion for using and supporting students and faculty using video recording and editing equipment as well as virtual classroom environments such as Blackboard Collaborate
3. Demonstrated excellence in and passion for using and supporting applications for creating engaging instructional materials including MS Office, Adobe Suite, Camtasia, and the ability to quickly learn new applications as needed
4. Experience in graphic design, web design, multimedia design, computer and network technology is a plus
1. Demonstrated dedication to and passion for Franciscan mission
2. Demonstrated experience in and passion for working collaboratively with diverse University students and faculty members in a variety of disciplines
3. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including ability to communicate and support people effectively in person, via telephone, email, and web video as well as demonstrated tact and discretion
4. Demonstrated collegiality, professionalism, and passion to serve others and go above and beyond what is required to support the mission and help others learn and succeed
5. Desire to work and contribute to a fast paced small team environment with an eagerness to pitch in wherever and whenever is needed
Education & Experience:
• 1-2 years of experience using and providing direct elearning support to University students and faculty in use of elearning tools
• Bachelors degree in related field preferred, but a combination of education and experience will be considered
• Experience and expertise in using and supporting learning management system (Blackboard preferred), web video conferencing (Collaborate preferred), video recording and editing (Polycom and Camtasia preferred), and experience supporting computer and video hardware, peripherals (ie, web cams), and operating systems
• Experience supporting web browsers and smart devices and their interface with 3rd party applications
• Evidence of understanding of current and emerging technologies and ability and passion to quickly learn new technologies used for collaboration, teaching, and learning
• Typical work hours are Monday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
• Sharing evening and weekend on-call duty for emergency support required
• Occasional onsite evenings or weekends as required
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply via email to: [email protected]
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. (116)