EDUCATION SERVICES MANAGER
Other, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Manassas, VA)
The Citizenship Education Manager coordinates citizenship preparation and ESOL classes at several sites in northern Virginia and manages all volunteer teachers. Class coordination involves conducting student registrations, collecting and entering student demographic data, regularly supervising and observing classroom instruction, recruiting and training volunteer teachers, and conducting student outreach and recruitment. The Citizenship Volunteer Manager also conducts “Know Your Rights” presentations throughout the community and coordinates the Information for Personal Empowerment Speaker Series. The Citizenship Education Manager also must substitute teach when necessary and perform other duties as assigned.
• BA in Education , social sciences, or an international field of study
• Two or more years of experience working in a multi-cultural setting
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 or later
• Superior writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
• Bilingual (fluent in Spanish and English) strongly preferred
• Valid driver’s license and regular access to a car
This position requires some scheduled weeknight and weekend hours.
Please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to [email protected] . No calls, please. (0)