This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER
Management, FT Employee
NETWORK (Washington, DC)
NETWORK, the national Catholic social justice lobby behind “Nuns on the Bus” is seeking its next Education Program Manager. We are seeking a creative thinker and implementer, committed to Catholic Social Teaching who can effectively create and execute educational tools in support of NETWORK’s issue agenda. The ideal candidate is an educator at heart, an excellent communicator, an organized collaborator, and a strategic innovator.
• Be the organizational focal point on Catholic Social Teaching (CST) and social justice tradition, integrating the teaching, tradition, and the charisms of Catholic sisters into our work.
o Create resources and tools that highlight the intersection of Catholic faith and politics.
o Draft principles and talking points that incorporate CST into organizational positions, statements, and communications.
o Develop our Congressional Education Program, delivering social justice values and Catholic content to Capitol Hill.
o Coordinate staff education on CST and contribute to quarterly Political Ministry Days
• Coordinate and provide leadership for our Emerging Leaders program which includes in-house Associates (one year positions on staff) and Just Advocacy Week (a D.C. immersion program for college students).
• Implement, evaluate, and improve our suite of Economic Justice programs (We the Taxpayers, Mind the Gap, and Mend the Gap), other issue based programs, and our Advocacy tools.
• Represent NETWORK at events, conferences, and in the media. Facilitate selected education events in the field. (Some travel required.) Oversee the organization’s participation in conferences.
• Engage our network of justice-seekers in the planning and dissemination process, soliciting ideas from them and giving them the tools and resources to promulgate the messaging, thus increasing its effectiveness and connecting people to each other.
• Manage a department budget, collaborate in the development of NETWORK’s policy agenda, supervise/mentor staff or interns, and participate in organizational activities (planning, evaluation, development)
• Bachelor’s degree; 7-10 years of progressive professional experience, including 3-5 years in leadership or program development positions.
• Expertise in Catholic Social Teaching and participative adult education in a faith setting.
• Experience working with disadvantaged populations, representing a faith-based organization, parish/diocesan/community organizing, or anti-racism/inclusion/anti-discrimination work.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, creativity/innovation, communication, initiative, organizing, strategy, and collaboration.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Managing Director. Starting salary in the low-50s. Generous benefits package available.
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter – as attachments – outlining your qualifications to [email protected] Please include “Education Manager” in the subject line. You are welcome to include examples of – or links to – your work/writing.
First set of interviews will be taken from applications received by August 4, 2014.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
It is the policy of NETWORK to conduct all personnel activities in a manner that will ensure equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, creed, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Every employee has the right to work in dignity in an environment free from all forms of discrimination or harassment. (108)