This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
EDITOR OF TRUTH AND CHARITY FORUM
Publishing/Journalism, PT Contract
Human Life International (Front Royal, VA)
BFOQ: This position has a bona fide occupational qualification as follows: knowledge of the Catholic Faith; its beliefs, practices, liturgy, structure, and protocol. Requires a complete understanding of the organization’s position on life issues and signing the HLI Non-Disclosure Agreement and the HLI Statement of Faith.
Position Summary: The Editor is responsible for the content published on the Truth and Charity Forum (TnC Forum) [http://www.truthandcharityforum.org]. The editor must have excellent writing and editing skills, a meticulous approach and eye for detail, and critical thinking skills to recognize inconsistencies and vagueness. The editor will have the ability to maintain high quality work while meeting tight deadlines, and will possess the ability to work with WordPress. Working with the Director of Education, the Editor will commission, review, and edit submitted articles ensuring the content and quality of the Forum is in keeping with the mission and vision of HLI.
1. Assign and review articles for publication in the TnC Forum, liaising with authors by email or phone. Accept or reject articles based on quality, proprietary and other considerations, maintaining a charitable and professional demeanor in dealing with writers.
2. Correct errors in grammar, spelling, usage and style as per the standards established for the TnC Forum by HLI.
3. Correct errors of fact, infelicitous phrasing or tone, and tighten prose as necessary.
4. Write headlines, accompanying tags, and select images for publication with articles.
5. Publish on the TnC Forum web site using WordPress content management system.
6. Write and publish a minimum of one article per month on the TnC Forum. This article will be submitted to Director of Education and Evangelization for editing.
7. Work with the HLI Communications office and Director of Education and Evangelization to maintain the TnC Forum website.
8. Submit invoices for author stipends to the Director of Education and Evangelization in a timely and regular fashion.
9. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Contact: Arland Nichols, Director of Education and Evangelization, Human Life International: [email protected] (144)
Incoming search terms:
- charity organization jobs Front Royal VA
- truth and charity forum