Religious Education, PT Contract
CatechismClass.com (State College, PA)
The Goldhead Group, Ltd., is an emerging leader in online Catholic catechesis. The organization develops religious education programs for personal, family, and parish use, as well as e-books for ongoing spiritual development. Utilizing a custom learning management system and partner websites, the company’s focus is on developing education that is doctrinally sound, visually and kinesthetically engaging, and easily accessible.
The Editor will be responsible for editing for grammar, spelling, and context the writings of the 1st through 8th grade curricula of the organization.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Editing the 1st through 8th grade curricula of the organization for spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and overall reading ease. Lessons will need to be re-written in places to make it easier to read for younger children.
- Updating the online version as well as the version stored in Microsoft Word
- Calculating the reading level of each lesson using Microsoft Word and saving that figure in the appropriate files
- Ensuring the final product is visually pleasing (e.g. images are centered, writing is in small blocks to allow ease for online reading, etc)
Minimum requirements for this position include:
- Ability to read and write very basic HTML
- A deep knowledge of the Catholic Church and its teachings
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Access to Microsoft Excel and Word as well as an Internet connection
In addition, the ideal candidate is:
- A practicing Catholic
This is a work-from-home/telecommuting position. We do not pay a salary or an hourly wage but we will pay you a royalty for 5 years on the sale of these curricula each time one sells, generating you monthly income. (38)