This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DONOR STEWARDSHIP MANAGER
Fundraising, FT Employee
Paulist Fathers (Washington, DC)
Donor Stewardship Manager
The Mission Society of the Paulist Fathers founded in 1858, is the first community of Roman Catholic priests founded for service in America. Paulist seek to meet the contemporary culture on its own terms, to present the Gospel message in ways that re compelling so that the fullness of the Catholic faith may lead others to find Christ’s deep peace. Paulist serve parishes, Catholic information centers, and campus ministries across North America and Santa Susanna, Rome, Italy.
The Donor Stewardship Manager reports to the Executive Director of the Office of Financial Development and is responsible for providing donor stewardship and is a liaison with donors, Foundation Officers, appropriate vendors and data system operators. Additionally, provides administrative and financial reconciliation for the Development Office and the Paulist General Office in New York.
• Establish a structured, systematic program of stewardship that will outlast changes in staff and ensure perpetual cordial relations with donors. Design and document in writing a manual detailing the cycle of a gift.
• Seek continuous improvement of the stewardship function including streamlining tasks and making recommendations, lifting issues of concern and developing efficiencies in gift processing.
• Develop and maintain a donor processing operations and standards manual.
• Accurately record all gifts and pledges to the Paulist Fathers.
• Maintains data that accurately details the full record of donor transactions and relationships.
• Process “White Mail” delivered to D.C. Office.
• Acknowledge all gifts and pledges in a timely manner, assuring that all acknowledgements are sent within 5 work days of receipt.
• Insure that donors are properly receipted for their gifts.
• Interface with the Finance Office for daily gift reconciliation, correct channeling of funds, and periodic reconciliation of donor accounts.
• Send pledge reminders on schedule.
• Insure that donors are placed in the correct giving clubs and societies.
• Insure that matching gifts from donor employers are solicited and received.
• General administrative duties including processing donor correspondence, packaging fundraising shipments, reconciling vendor work products, etc.
• Participate in donor recognition activities including recognition of donor birthdays and anniversaries.
• Coordinate prayers and Masses with the Foundations for donor intentions and sending Mass cards to donors.
• Pursue continuing education and training on the development software as well as the best practices of stewardship.
• Maintain the Paulist Fathers reputation for integrity, responsibility, caring, and prudent management of donor gifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Five years of professional work experience in a non-profit environment
• Strengths include organizational, analytical, financial, and problem solving abilities.
• Outstanding leadership, customer service, and interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and writing skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and staff simultaneously.
• Must be able to develop solid relationships with advancement staff, priests,administrators, and financial officers.
• Strong knowledgeable in the use of various software applications, including spreadsheet, word processing, relational database, and presentation software.
• Knowledge of SQL and ability to write queries and work with technical colleagues on determining which database fields to use for reports. Willingness to be trained in how to produce donor reports, helpful.
• Scrupulous accuracy and attention to detail, as well as the ability to exercise sound independent judgment and follow established protocols and procedures.
• Knowledge of the Catholic Church structure and hierarchy preferred. (106)