This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
Young Adult Ministry, FT Employee
St. Mark Catholic Church (Wilmington, NC)
The Youth and Young Adult Minister is responsible for the development and implementation of Youth Ministry programs to address the spiritual, educational, and social needs of Catholic youth and young adults. The programs serve students in grades 6-12, and should integrate the seven components outlined by the USCCB Department of Education in A Vision of Youth Ministry (1976) (Renewing the Vision 1997). These include: Word, Worship, Community, Guidance and Healing, Justice and Service, Enablement, and Advocacy. The minister also directs the sacramental preparation for those youth wishing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. The minister will also develop and guide parish based programs for young adults, especially those who are single, aged 18-35.
Specific tasks include:
1. Selects and develops curriculum and textbooks.
2. Directs the Confirmation preparation program in both the remote and immediate phases. Coordinates all aspects of this program including classes, retreats, workshops, service opportunities, and the liturgy of Confirmation.
3. Plans and organizes parish-based retreats and activities for youth.
4. Promotes and facilitates involvement in deanery and diocesan youth activities.
5. Organizes and directs fund-raising efforts to supplement the funds allocated in the budget.
6. Provides opportunities for service within the parish and for outreach to the community at-large.
7. Develops and organizes the community-building and student-leadership development components of the Youth Ministry program.
8. Develops and guides parish based programs for young adults.
9. Develops and organizes programs for college students for whom St. Mark is the home or “sending parish” (308)