This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph (Kansas City, MO)
Copy/paste to your browser and then click to apply: https://app.hireology.com/s/18790.
Position Title: Director, Office of Youth
Embodying the call for a New Evangelization, the Director supports the pastoral mission of the Bishop in bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to the Diocese, focusing on our youth. Working hand-in-hand with pastors and parish youth leaders, the Director helps establish, train and support evangelistic and disciple-making youth ministry communities within our parishes. The office provides Diocesan level camps, retreats, conferences and training to further this mission.
• Assess and assist parish Youth Ministry and Confirmation programs to ensure Diocesan standards are achieved.
• Recruit, interview, hire and train staff and volunteers.
• Plan and direct Diocesan conferences, camps, and retreats.
• Ensure full and strict compliance with Diocesan Safe Environment policies and practices.
• Create and maintain a youth evangelization/discipleship advisory board.
• Maintain and revise Youth Ministry Handbook as needed.
• Create and maintain office budget and multiple program budgets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough understanding of USCCB document Renewing the Vision.
• Firm knowledge of the theology and pastoral practice of Confirmation.
• Firm grasp of Church documents on evangelization.
• Leadership of multiple committees and task groups simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills in public speaking and writing
• Enthusiastic love for Jesus Christ, faithful obedience to the Magisterium, and living a strong spiritual life.
• Practicing Catholic, with ethical standards, personal integrity, and conduct consistent with the morals and teaching of the Catholic Church.
• Undergraduate degree in theology, catechetics, or related field.
• Minimum 3 years in parish youth ministry.
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Master’s degree in theology, catechetics or related field.
• 3+ years experience in Confirmation preparation.
• Some fluency in Spanish.
The Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph offers a total compensation package that includes a base salary, health benefits, paid time off, and a 403(b) defined benefit Pension plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copy/paste to your browser and then click to apply: https://app.hireology.com/s/18790 (436)
Incoming search terms:
- joseph matt of kansas city mo
- St Joseph Kansas City Diocese employment teaching