This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF FAMILY LIFE RESPECT LIFE
Executive, FT Employee
Archdiocese of NY (New York, NY)
Director, Office of Family Life/Respect Life
Archdiocese of New York
The efforts of the Family Life/Respect Life Office are born of the belief that every human person is created out of love by God, made in His image and likeness, and is destined to live forever. Out of this awareness of the profound reverence due to every person and a great desire to draw each one closer to Christ, we provide programs that prepare couples for marriage, support the family, build a culture of life and love, and evangelize culture.
The Family Life/Respect Life Office comprises 10 pastoral programs: Marriage Preparation, Respect Life, Chastity, Public Policy, Marriage Enrichment, Bereavement/Project Rachel, Spanish Respect Life and Marriage Programs, Natural Family Planning, Separated and Divorced Ministry, and Parenting. The Young Adult Outreach has been housed within the Family Life Office for six years, but is currently in the process of becoming its own entity.
Currently, there are 16 staff members under the care and supervision of the Director: 13 are full time and 3 are part time. The Family Life/Respect Life Office provides resources and support to the 370+ parishes and the faithful within the archdiocese.
Job Description: The Director, Family Life/Respect Life Office will be responsible for carrying out the vision and mission of the Office, as stated, and set by the Cardinal Archbishop of New York. He/She will lead, manage, and supervise the 18 staff members who coordinate and assist with the 11 programs within the Office. Working closely with the Vicar General and the Chancellor, he/she will continue to regularly discern the trajectory of the Office, the need for new initiatives, or greater emphasis in a particular program, depending on changes in public policy, threats to the God-given definition of marriage and family, respect for life, and other shifts in the cultural climate.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Lead, manage, and supervise the 16 staff members who coordinate and develop the 11 pastoral programs of the Family Life/Respect Life Office. The Director is responsible for the hiring and evaluation of employees, as well as for motivating staff
2. Implementing the vision and strategy desired by the Cardinal Archbishop of New York for this office, and translate that vision into effective initiatives and resources that are relevant, meaningful, and helpful to the faithful
3. Regularly advises, supports, and updates the Cardinal Archbishop of New York, the Vicar General and the Chancellor on timely and important family life/respect life matters, as they affect the Church
4. Responsible for assuring that all the outreach and work of the office ‘thinks with the Church’ and responds appropriately
5. Collaborate with other offices of the archdiocese to develop ways to communicate the importance of family, marriage, reverence for human life, living a chaste lifestyle and healing the wounds of the culture
6. Provides regular (monthly) updates and status reports to the Vicar General and Chancellor and the Cardinal on the various programs of the office
7. Drafts correspondence for His Eminence as requested
8. Meets with visitors and outside groups as requested by His Eminence, and at their request, as appropriate and helpful to the work of the office
1. Be a practicing Catholic, completely faithful to the Church and the Magisterium and have a strong and disciplined prayer life
2. Master’s degree in theology, marriage and family or related studies with some experience or a Bachelors’ degree with significant life/work experience in related fields
3. Advanced leadership/management experience, preferably within the Church structure or in an organization that is sanctioned/respected by the Church
4. Possesses an all-embracing understanding and acceptance of the Church’s teachings, especially those related to marriage and family, and respect for all human life
5. Represents an acceptance of the Natural Family Planning lifestyle and must desire to promote it throughout the archdiocese
6. Experience in public speaking, inspirational and persuasive writing and a demonstrated ability to adapt one’s style to write correspondence for His Eminence in his style
7. Demonstrated experience writing and editing formal and informal communications from a variety of people to a diversity of audiences
8. Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate with influential individuals and groups of people and organizations without being ‘star-struck’
9. Possessing a heart and passion for evangelization
10. A highly developed grasp of social graces and an ease with Church hierarchy
Other Experience Desired:
1. Have some experience as an Administrator/Director for an organization where the mission drives the work, effective results are expected and the budget was limited
2. Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on timely execution and creative thinking
3. Is able to see opportunities for partnership with other organizations and groups for the purpose of serving the mission of the Family Life/Respect Life Office
4. Ability to work under pressure, setting as priority the needs and requests of the Church and the Cardinal Archbishop of New York.
All applications meeting the minimum requirements will be considered. Please follow this link to complete an online application: http://smartwork.talentnest.com/en/job/5970 (267)
Incoming search terms:
- natural family planning
- Archdiocese of New York Marriage and Family Life office
- chastity definition
- jobs archdiocese of ny
- ny Archdiocesan office