This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR – OFFICE FOR HISPANIC CATHOLICS
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
JOB TITLE: Director
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-time
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Secretariat for Evangelization
OFFICE: Office for Hispanic Catholics
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Vicar for Cultural Ministries
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Coordinator of the Mobile Catholic Institute and Regional Coordinators
The Director, in collaboration with the Vicar for Cultural Ministries, is responsible for setting a vision for the Office and ensuring the pastoral care of the Hispanic Catholic community. In doing this, the Director is responsible for all aspects of ministry to Hispanic Catholics, which includes collaboration with other offices, Secretariats, Archdiocesan entities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Sets a vision for pastoral care of the Hispanic Catholic Community.
• Develops with staff, long, mid, and short term goals for the office and its mission.
• Visits and supports parish communities and offers help in the development of Hispanic Ministry.
• Serve as a resource person to Archdiocesan Offices, parishes, other institutions in the Hispanic community.
• Organizes events sponsored by the Office and supports others: Heritage Mass, TV Mass, Life Congress, Catechetical Forum, Youth Events, etc
• Plans, reviews, approves, and evaluates all programs of the Office for Hispanic Catholics.
• Prepares and administers office budget.
• Represents the Archdiocese on local and national issues involving Hispanic Catholics.
• Serves as liaison between the Archdiocese and the Hispanic Community.
• Prepares and /or translates homilies/documents for various Archdiocesan offices.
• Supports efforts of advocacy according to Catholic Social Teaching.
• Supports the initiatives and projects of the Vicar for Cultural Ministries.
• May support formation of seminarians, deacons and others by teaching at the Mobile Catholic Institute or other sites.
• Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Collaborates with other Archdiocesan Offices and entities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education: Master’s Degree in Theology or Pastoral Ministry or related field, preferred.
Experience: Knowledge of issues surfacing within the Hispanic Catholic Community on a local/national level.
Other: Bilingual (English/Spanish) and sensitive to cultural diversity
Knowledge of computer Microsoft and Excel
Excellent communication skills communication and administration.
Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships.
Prior supervisory experience.
A solid commitment to the Vision and Mission Statement of the Archdiocese.
Valid driver’s license.
May include some evening or weekend meetings.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
Revised: June 2014 (112)
Incoming search terms:
- archdiocese of philadelphia hispanic ministry
- hispanic heritage mass 2014 archdiocese of philadelphia
- Hispanic Ministry-Archdiocese of Philadelphia