This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Patrick’s Catholic Church (O’Neill, NE)
Youth/Young Adult Minister
St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, O’Neill, Nebraska
Position : The Youth/Young Adult Minister is a full time, salaried position serving St. Patrick’s Catholic Church (and by extention, our mission parish, St. Joseph). The ideal minister will continue to build on the solid foundation that our departing minister has laid, providing opportunities for our youth to grow in their faith, and develop a personal vision of vocation, grounded in their love and adoration of God, and service to others.
• Coordinate the Youth Ministry program for high school teens, both in our Catholic High School of St. Mary’s, and those who come from public schools in O’Neill and surrounding areas.
• Involving teens as leaders and coordinators for this ministry.
• Coordinating area involvement in BCYC, the summer youth conference.
• Coordination of yearly youth retreats.
• Overseeing service projects and fundraisers.
• Assisting in coordination of the yearly March for Life pilgrimage.
• Developing prayer opportunities for our youth throughout the year.
• Coordinating the training of volunteer youth leaders.
• Assisting parents in St. Mary’s Catholic Schools in developing their understanding and abilities in the role as first teachers of the faith for their teens.
• (Optional) Teaching a junior high theology class.
• Minister should be an active, practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church. They should demonstrate an understanding of the faith and live that faith daily. They must be committed to the teachings of the Magisterium.
• They should be able to plan and implement a program of Youth Ministry in such a way that they are organized and prepared.
• They should have the skills to identify and develop volunteer leaders in the youth ministry program.
• They should have excellent communication skills with the ability to use a computer, social media, text messaging and other tools necessary to engage our youth.
• Their availability should be flexible – there are events that occur on weekends and evenings, and our youth retreats are 2 or 3 days long.
• This position does not require a formal degree, but it is prefered that the Minister have at least some cursory experience in Youth Ministry, and the willingness to develop their skills.
• Determined by experience and interview. Benefits are provided in addition to salary. (149)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic saint patrick for kids
- Director of Youth Ministry Catholic Parish
- St Pats catholic church lincoln NE