This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, PT Employee
St. Mary’s Catholic Church (Rockville, MD)
St. Mary’s Church is hiring a part-time Director of Youth Ministry (grades 9-12) to work 20 hours a week. The Director must have a lifestyle grounded in prayer, frequent reception of the sacraments, and personal moral behavior that serves as a strong example to the teens. The Director must be a natural leader with an authentic love for the youth and a personality that is enthusiastic and conducive to leading teens to Jesus Christ. A background in theology from a Catholic institution as well as experience in the field is preferred. Fidelity to the Magisterium is required.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Guide the youth of St. Mary’s Church Parish in fun and faith-filled activities.
2. Develop activities and programs that will foster faith, service, leadership, and desire for a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. Plan and attend annual weekend retreat for parish teens.
4. Take teens to Steubenville and Mount 2000 retreats.
5. Attend staff meetings and collaborate with parish staff and priests.
6. Develop fundraising programs.
7. Supervise trip to the March for Life.
8. Recruit and train adult and youth volunteers and leaders.
9. Strive continually to expand the youth group.
10. Prepare a budget in cooperation with the Pastor.
11. Arrange for integration of eighth grade students into the youth program in collaboration with the principal of St. Mary’s School and the DRE.
12. Hold a weekly meeting for the youth group. Over the course of a month the meetings have a variety of focuses: catechesis, prayer, service, athletic activities, and fun and social outings.
13. Facilitate prayer at all youth gatherings.
14. Attend parish weekend Masses when there is a need for announcements, publicity, or recruitment of teens.
15. Establish and maintain contact with parents of youth in program. (94)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic church in rockville md
- st mary catholic church