This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Joseph the Worker (Williamsport, PA)
Director of Youth Ministry – Position Announcement
The Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) is responsible for preparing middle school students for the Sacrament of Confirmation and coordinating the continuing education, formation, and preparation of high school students for St. Joseph the Worker Parish. We are a congregation of 1,500 families located in a small city in Central Pennsylvania, Williamsport. By leading a team of volunteers and teens in a unified direction, the DYM is a fulltime position focused on a Christ centered mission in union with the Roman Catholic Church in the Diocese of Scranton. The Director of Youth Ministry works in collaboration with the Director of Religious Education and reports directly to the Pastor.
-Must be a faithful Catholic in good standing with the Church continually seeking to maintain a strong personal faith.
-Must have a strong understanding of the teachings of the Church and the structures of ecclesial authority.
-Must be able to communicate effectively with volunteers, teens, parish staff and pastor.
-Must be a willing advocate for the teens of the parish.
-Must be personally and spiritually mature.
-Must have strong organizational skills.
-Must possess a valid driver’s license.
-Must be computer literate.
-Must have an undergraduate degree, preferably in Theology or a related field.
1. Junior High and Senior High School Catechism
Is responsible to ensure that the junior and senior high school catechism program is designed to offer a comprehensive understanding of the Catholic faith by implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum based on that laid out by the USCCB and approved by the pastor.
2. Confirmation Preparation
The curriculum for Confirmation is established independent of, though working in conjunction with, the junior high school catechism curriculum in order to properly dispose for full reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation. The DYM must establish a program that meets the standards of both the Pastor and the Diocese of Scranton as a means to best dispose each teen for the reception of the sacrament. This also involves collecting, organizing and preparing all necessary documentation for each Confirmandi.
• Retreats: The DYM is responsible for planning and leading retreats by procuring facilities, transportation and sustenance for all attending which includes the volunteers recruited to facilitate necessary activities. The DYM is to work collaboratively with the Diocese of Scranton on the various retreats offered by the diocesan office of Youth and Young Adults.
• Extracurricular formation: The DYM is expected to cultivate a means for teens to develop relationships with one another in structured environments where they are able to choose to grow mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically in a Christ-centered environment outside of the catechetical classroom.
• Service: It is necessary to create a network through which the teens can seek opportunities to become Christ to the community. While this is a requirement for Confirmation, it is expected that this should be available to all high school age teens in order to foster a desire for service of others. The DYM is also to work collaboratively with Catholic Heart Workcamp or another Catholic organization in order to provide an experience of the larger Church and service provided outside the Williamsport area.
• Leadership Team: The DYM is responsible to recruit, oversee and establish a student leadership team.
Small groups, the teen choir, retreats, among other areas necessitate volunteers. The DYM is expected to assess the needs at hand, find people to meet those needs, and train them to perform the job effectively. This includes ensuring that each volunteer has received required safe environment training according to diocesan standards.
In addition to volunteer management, the DYM is responsible for managing relationships with parents, contracted employees (as necessary), and collaborating with and overseeing the Adult Mentoring Team of the parish.
• VIRTUS Training: The DYM must immediately seek VIRTUS certification if it is not already obtained.
• Budget: The DYM must submit and balance an annual budget taking into account the needs of the teens and proper stewardship with parish funds
• Marketing: The DYM is responsible to make sure that all of the activities performed are made accessible utilizing the bulletin, website, mailers, flyers, word of mouth or any means that the DYM deems necessary to meet the need.
• General Office Duties: Maintain strong relationships with co-workers and comply with their needs.
• Parish Needs: This position implies assisting with other areas of the parish when particular needs arise.
• Diocesan Needs: It is imperative to maintain a relationship with the Diocesan Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries and maintain the program in compliance with diocesan standards. It is also important to collaboratively work with this office, as well as local parishes, for regional as well as diocesan events.
Interested Candidates may send or email a resume and cover letter directly and three letters of reference (two from professors or professionals in youth related field, and one from home pastor) to:
St. Joseph the Worker Parish
attn: Fr. Brian Van Fossen
711 West Edwin St.
Williamsport, PA 17701
[email protected] (168)
Incoming search terms:
- st joseph the worker williamsport pa
- saint joseph the worker williamsport pa
- Sponsor Recommendation Letters For Sacrament Of Confirmation
- st joseph church verona pa
- St Joseph the wWorker Fallsington PA