DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Church of Saint Paul (Ham Lake, MN)
The primary role of the Director of Youth Ministry is to direct, implement, and oversee the Parish Youth Program, grades 7-12, along with the other Director of Youth Ministry. Both Youth Ministers collaborate to fulfill the Mission, Vision, and Pastoral Plan for the Youth Program. This position is responsible for helping to develop youth to be stronger disciples of Jesus Christ and strong Christian leaders in their parish and community. Great people and communication skills are essential for the success of this position.
1. Direct Junior High (Monday Nights) and Senior High (Wednesday Nights) Youth Group:
• Oversee the basic registration for these programs.
• Oversee, develop, and manage these programs including but not limited to curriculum, resources, room assignments, small group assignments, scheduling, promotion, recruiting, coordinating and training of volunteers, weekly communication, with help from the Youth Program Assistant.
• Evaluate programs and make appropriate changes.
• Work collaboratively with the other Director of Youth Ministry.
2. Responsible for planning and administrative functions related to Youth Ministry including:
• Help plan Youth related activities.
• Communicate and coordinate programs and events to the Parish Staff, parents, other parishes, and teens.
• Budgeting and fiscal responsibility.
• Participate in staff and parish meetings as required.
• Network with area Youth Ministers, especially at The Gathering.
• Maintain effective working relationships with all of the Parish Staff and involved families.
3. Direct the Teen Confirmation program
• Execute Wednesday Night Confirmation Modules Year Round.
• Provide teaching and formation materials for the program.
• Recruit and train volunteers to teach the monthly Confirmation modules.
• Communicate with parents and participants on the status of their preparation, with help from the YPA.
• Conduct intro interviews for candidates of Confirmation.
• Be involved in the planning and execution of the All in God’s Plan “I Didn’t Know That!” Program.
• Work with the RCIA Coordinator and Liturgist for sacramental and liturgical needs, if needed.
• Collaborate with the other Director of Youth Ministry.
4. Help recruit, train, and supervise all adult and teen volunteers needed in the program:
• Ensure Safe Environment requirements are met.
• Provide adequate training and guidance (2 meetings per year at the very least).
• Provide ongoing communication with volunteers for weekly programming as well as special events.
5. Promote and Coordinate Summer Programs for Youth:
• Wednesday Night Youth Nights (e.g. Catholic Movie Night).
• Direct SWIM Mission.
• Young Adult Send Off.
• Steubenville High School Youth Conference.
• Day trips, such as Valley Fair.
• Support the other Director of Youth Ministry in out-of-state Missions.
6. Co-Supervise the Youth Program Assistant
• Provide adequate training and guidance.
• Evaluate job performance annually.
7. Participate in relational ministry as needed including:
• Creating and taking advantage of opportunities to interact with both youth and parents of youth.
• Collaborate, as appropriate, with Children’s Faith Formation programs, for continuity and necessary transitions.
• Pastoral problems and conflicts, providing mentoring and counseling as needed to both adults and youth.
• Attend parish liturgies/parish events, as needed (e.g. participate in Mass at CoSP once a month).
• Organize and lead the NET Lifeline activity at least 1-2 times per year.
This list of specific responsibilities is not intended to be inclusive but is intended to be representative in nature. Other specific items will arise in the course of time that will fall within the above general categories, and will become part of the Youth Director’s duties as long as they are within the scope of the responsibilities for this position. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- church of st paul youth ministry ham lake