DIRECTOR OF YOUTH FAITH FORMATION
Religious Education, FT Employee
Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Galloway, NJ)
Director of Youth Faith Formation
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for the registration of children in the parish catechetical ministry.
• Maintain/improve various models of faith formation that will meet the needs of family schedules.
• Recruitment, supervision and formation of Catechists for the ministry.
• Responsible for the background checks for all catechists and aides.
• Examine and order catechetical materials that will best present the Catholic teaching and help meet the needs of the children and families.
• Attend, Coordinate and supervise all parish Religion Education Sessions.
• Work with the pastoral staff to prepare seasonal sacramental celebrations for the children and their families.
• Responsible for the formation of families (children) preparing to celebrate the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation.
• Maintain and improve sacramental preparation processes including:
Family centered and parish based experiences that will include all of the parish children regardless of the school they attend.
Parish preparation programs that are de-schooled (separate and apart from classroom catechesis).
Retreat based experiences for families in the sacramental formation process.
Conduct organizational and formational meetings for parents who have children preparing to celebrate a sacrament.
Work toward developing the parent formational meetings and retreat experiences to include the entire parish
• Schedule the Child Lures Prevention program each year and complete all Diocesan reporting.
• Responsible to see that all Diocesan Reports (i.e. Parish Catechetical Program Statistical Report and the Spiritual Report) are copleted properly and send in a timely manner.
• Encourage the catechist certification process through the University of Dayton or other approved venues.
• Create and manage a yearly budget.
• Addresses the need for formation of youth.
• Develops personal relationships with the youth, provides for formal catechesis, and invites and enables youth to serve others.
• Recruits, trains, assesses, and supports all adult volunteers, while seeking close communication with the families of the youth.
• Responsible for the background checks for all regular adult volunteers.
• Works in collaboration with parish staff to integrate youth into all aspects of parish life.
• Involves youth in service and outreach in the parish and community and developing programs based on the model of whole parish catechesis.
• Implements the U.S.C.C.B. documents, “Renewing the Vision” and “Sons and Daughters of Light” using the eight components and goals in the ministry of teens as a true vision of faith formation.
• Communicates regularly with parish staff and the Pastoral Council in sharing information and working in collaboration.
• Raises up effective mentors for youth and from youth.
• Promotes, plans, and facilitates parish youth in participation in diocesan and national youth events.
• Keeps youth and parents informed of diocesan programs and certification, social, service and retreat opportunities through a distribution of a yearly calendar and monthly scheduled of activities.
• Works in collaboration with the parish music ministry and Liturgy Committee to involve youth in Sunday Masses on a regular basis and in special liturgical celebrations throughout the year.
• Organizes and teaches the youth of the parish to live aspects of social justice.
• Designs and maintains filing and record keeping system for all youth ministry programs and develops and maintain databases such as membership list, resource material, etc.
• Collaborates fully with diocesan office of youth ministry.
• Develops and manages an annual budget.
Requirements / Qualifications
• A Catholic having an active and deep faith with full participation in the communal worship and life of the Church.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Knowledge and skills in using personal computers and parish software.
• Ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to relate to a variety of people.
• Basic proficiency of the Spanish Language (highly recommended).
Education and/or Experience
• Have at least 3 years of administrative catechetical experience (recommended).
• Holds or is working toward a Master’s Degree or BA in Religious Studies, Theology, and/or equivalent.
• Embraces continuing formation through workshops, conference.
• Holds membership/becomes member in CREDO (the diocesan organization for PCL’s)
The Parish agrees to provide
• The cost of registration for annual membership in 1 professional organization.
• $500 annually for continuing education.
• Furnishes office space with at least 1 operating computer with internet access.
• A secretary
Status: Full time
Salary Range: $32,000 – $36, 000/year
Please submit an application with your resume to: Fr. Nick Dudo ([email protected])
Applications accepted until: 7/25/14
Posting date: 7/7/14 (0)
Incoming search terms:
- Director of Youth Formation
- joseph ward notebook of galloway nj
- Live Mail joseph ward of galloway nj
- our lady of perpetual help galloway nj