DIRECTOR OF YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Mary of the Mills (Laurel, MD)
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried, Benefits Included
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
Date Prepared: Last Date for Applications:
General Purpose of Position:
Evangelize teens and young adults, engaging them in the strong Sacramental life and beliefs of the Catholic Church.
Specific Purposes of Position
Build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, prayer, Sacraments, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. Teach youth various ways to pray, having adoration, praise and worship, confession, teaching the Doctrines and Precepts of the Church in an attractive way.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Practicing and Outstanding Catholic.
2. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement. Masters’ degree in Theology desired.
3. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within a large and diverse parish.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and basic computer skills.
5. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
6. Must have strong recruiting skills, to engage youth and bring in new volunteers.
7. Develop and maintain a core team of adult and peer leaders that will assist the total program.
8. Collaborate with parish and religious education staff, as well as with St. Mary of the Mills School (the parish’s grammar school) and St. Vincent Pallotti High School (across the street from the parish).
9. Develop and implement a middle school youth ministry program
For inquiries or to send a CV email Carmen Fichter, parish secretary at [email protected] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic young adult ministry
- church music director jobs md
- Catholic Parish Adult Education Programs